2 New Dubstep Tracks!! Feedback Appreciated.

substance2010

Drum & Bass/Dubstep
ez all. havnt been makin tracks for the last few months up until about 2 weeks ago. started making some dubstep n thers 2 tracks up on my new myspace, one called 'life' n the other isnt quite finished and is untitled. i would appeciate it if you could have a quick listen n give me some feedback. peace.

www.myspace.com/substancedj2010

Ok, feedback.

The intro to life is great, now there's some wobble trying to crash the ambient vibe. Sounds like two songs playing together. I like the bass work, just not sure if the whole song sits comfortably as a whole.
At 4:00 when you've got the ambience with the wobbly sub, that works ok for me.
I might sum this up as too punch to be an ambient track and to ambient to be a punch track. Lot's of good bits mind.

Next track, hello MR Same Bass with different lfo. Quite a lot of room and spread on the bass, and the wobble seems to be concentrated in the higher frequencies, like the bass is high passed or something.
There's a deep sub there, but they're a lonnng way apart.

Shit, I don't even listen to dub-step, why am I commenting?

Oh yeah, you wanted feedback.
Life is the better of the two.

life- like what i hear so far, like the percussion n the shuffleystuff, everything sounds nice n full. wobble sounds pretty harsh and loud, is it two together? what sub said:

'I might sum this up as too punch to be an ambient track and to ambient to be a punch track. Lot's of good bits mind.'

i think i feel that way too. cos the ambience is wicked, n the wobbley stuff is alright but i feel like they dont belong together. i recon u can still get impact on the drop without going super wob everywhere, like use some gnarly sounds but not so much in ur face, like some stabs and lfo stuff but maybe call&answer sorta thing - delays n reverb i dunno...

feels like a lot of the nice hat work gets hidden by this bigsuperrinseout wobble.

the water(?) samples are a really nice touch too.

new edit up for the untitled track i had up. done abit of work on the drums n a few other things. now called - insanity. dont ask why coz i dont know. lol.

Intro is really nice and the drop is to but there is indeed something disturbing going on with the two basses but this dissapears after 2:20 and comes back after the breakdown..
overall nice track but just needs some edits here and there
Edit: this was still for the life track

thanx for checkin mate. i was gna redo some things today but didnt get chance. i will be takin this into account tho. peace.

Back
Top Bottom