2 hours ago i didn't know what DNB meant >:)

Sadistar

So yeah... the title is where I start. 2 hours ago im in the middle of my usual fruitless searching for good music when I remember this rave toy video someone made on youtube. The guy sucked but the song stuck with me...

Pendulum... Slam...

If you would have asked me then I woulda said "IDK its some kinda techno" lol...
Ok so im a little past that now.

I got a really wierd taste in music I guess. I dont want to hear it unless it gives me speed flashbacks. I dont want the song on my system unless its something I could fight to. I dont erally consider that song (slam) that kind of song, actually I like the song but what I like even more is the intro.... not the talking... I mean the talking is cool and all but the first part of the music is ALOT diff then the rest of the track. Heres a link for the youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_5_x1IUA8
The beginning up to 50 seconds is the part im talking about.
Kinda has a sound that makes me see a group of badass mofos slowly walkin down an alley and stopping in front of 50+ people... about to beat their ass....
I know i go a little imagination in me but hey isnt it supposed to inspire?

So... help me out guys. How do i find more stuff like that? Before this all I did for beats was download free amateur tracks off newgrounds. I think I finally found my muse, and my music, found it but then lost it again as I have NO IDEA what to call it other than DNB and google hasn't really got me any further than interesting (but not satisfying) dead ends. Like terrorcore XD.

Thanks in advance to any advice/help oh and...
..nice to meet you!
Peace

Last edited:
Man ive learned alot, spent 4 hours now just goin after EVERYTHING. Someone said the kinda hype music i like is called Clownstep DNB.. i tried it and its catchy sometimes but still not what im really after. Theres this one mix by Shifta called Krunkstep. Not my normal thing but its got the edge im lookin for. If anyone knows who made the origional track to that before he put the rapper on hit me up.

Looked at Noisia and ended up hearing alot more like Teebee, leon switch &? kryptic minds. They all have a sound I like but not the energy. I did find some really good short stuff by Shifta tho. After that I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up on Russian DNB street heh. There was some pretty good stuff there, and I think the fact I cant understand the lyrics is even a bonus. I think I got a pretty good hit with Shifta tho now to just find more like it.

'clownstep' is a derogatory term used by 'internetz haters' to describe jump up, it really describes jump up with a bit of a circus (or 'clown') type melody (see lyptical)... jump up is the aggy, fighty, energy shit you want mate!

- lyptical glock fear
- personal fav

if this is what your after, then let me know and i will add moar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man you guys are awesome you took me right where I needed to go! @Radius, no bro im a dude. Lyptical - Glock Fear vid up there has me bouncin right now man this is getting about as close as it can get! I still want to know if anyone has heard anything like the intro to Slam before.... that part of the track just makes me think...epic...

Thanks again guys your awesome.

I checked out a few intros, djmotiondnb. Your right there was some prety amazing stuff.
Plus I stumbled upon....

DNB JUMP UP MIX 2008
DJ RAW SEPTEMBER MIX 2008

..........jumped up out the chair and danced till I coughed a chunk of resin outta my throat.

Fuck my legs hurt now >.>

Ok so the next thing I cant shake... I gotta make. I downloaded some program a few weeks ago and fuck it was like handing a video game controller to my grandma. LOST!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom