1XTra DNB Takeover Monday 3rd May

DJ NUERA

5HEAD
VIP Junglist
On the evening of Bank Holiday Monday, May 3rd, Radio 1 and 1Xtra are both going to sound very, very different. We're holding our very first drum & bass takeover which means you'll be able to hear music from across the entire genre - past, present and future - from 7pm to 5am.

Look at the line up of amazing shows below and don't forget to head back here on the day to get free downloads, video and much much more!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/drumbass/takeover/2010/

Looks quite interesting, especially the live sets from Perez, Ed Rush & Optical and Doc Scott.
Opinions?

Bailey said on his show they might get Andy C on it o_O

Either way sets from Perez and Ed Rush & Optical means i'll be up all night

Last edited:
zanes show is going to be so cringey...supprised they didnt start off with "the pendulum story" tbh.

jaguar skills as well as the alix perez, and ed rush mixes should be good though

It was all going so well until 4am....

Does look big though. The 2 hours with Bailey, Fabio, CC & Groove should be promising.

zanes show is going to be so cringey
Exactly

Is that the best they can do?

Fucking Zane Lowe bumming Pendulum for 2 hours. No thanks

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

It was all going so well until 4am....

Does look big though. The 2 hours with Bailey, Fabio, CC & Groove should be promising.

It would've been had they left off the MC's

OK,

Zanes show will be crap, just him thinking hes the pioneer of everyone, that he created D&B

then, "Annie Mac relives the best D&B bits from the past year on 1Xtra and Radio 1." - her voice makes me want to throw something out my window. And Im dreading her "best bits".

last of all, the Pendulum story, fail

most looking forward to F&G, Bailey and Crissy and the Ed Rush and Doc Scott mixes. Baileys show looks promising too

Last edited:
Exactly

Is that the best they can do?

Fucking Zane Lowe bumming Pendulum for 2 hours. No thanks

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

It would've been had they left off the MC's

Depends on the MC's. Fun & Skibba, No.

SP, ID, Tonn Piper, $pyda...they'd be good on radio.

Unless you don't like MC's full-stop.

Depends on the MC's. Fun & Skibba, No.

SP, ID, Tonn Piper, $pyda...they'd be good on radio.

Unless you don't like MC's full-stop.
No, no. I appreciate quality MC's. I'm just worried that with the inclusion of Grooverider and Crissy Criss there are going to be animal sounds galore on this show

Woof Woof

OK,

Zanes show will be crap, just him thinking hes the pioneer of everyone, that he created D&B

then, "Annie Mac relives the best D&B bits from the past year on 1Xtra and Radio 1." - her voice makes me want to throw something out my window. And Im dreading her "best bits".

last of all, the Pendulum story, fail

most looking forward to F&G, Bailey and Crissy and the Ed Rush and Doc Scott mixes. Baileys show looks promising too

im not from the UK and god knows I might not know as much as dnb as some people here in this forum, but it seems to me that it was when dnb faced its death and was at its lowest that annie mac brought it back and it's thanks to her that we have a lot of the things we do today.. should be a bit thankful

im not from the UK and god knows I might not know as much as dnb as some people here in this forum, but it seems to me that it was when dnb faced its death and was at its lowest that annie mac brought it back and it's thanks to her that we have a lot of the things we do today.. should be a bit thankful

just out of curiosity when was dnb facing its death?

in terms of the show i reckon the jaguar skills mix could be pretty good. obviously ed rush, doc scott etc should all be worth a listen

erm
no

Annie Mac should never be considered a big D&B pioneer, ever

nah

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

ps fuck pendulum

haha I remember someone telling me a story about Annie Mac, she was playing just after Grooverider I think, so he dropped his last tune and started packing away. Then Annie jumps on decks and starts mixing out of Grooveriders tune. Everyone was like WTF.

haha I remember someone telling me a story about Annie Mac, she was playing just after Grooverider I think, so he dropped his last tune and started packing away. Then Annie jumps on decks and starts mixing out of Grooveriders tune. Everyone was like WTF.

yeah that was her first time at Fabric, IC3 told her to stop playing and start again lol

Back
Top Bottom