1XTRA Changes - No Flight & L Double -

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully 1Xtra have not made a BIG mistake !! THose two have played some quality stuff over the years and it is a REAL shame they ain't reppin...no doubt their are mor clued up stations about that will snap them up !! HANG ON THEY DROPPED RODNEY P and SKITZ for FUCKING WEST FUCKING WOOD....NO !!! BUCNH OF STAR EATERS

the dnb shows for Double and flight have porr listener figures..,. wt the end of the day 1xtra is suffering at the moment so its no suprise they are shaking it up.

Suprisingly enough Crissy Cris'/s show is moving to a better slot and Bailey will still be on it.

I think the problem is that a lot of people listen to the shows from dowloads not via that crap streaing BBc thing... thats the biggest problem.. if they moved it to a podcast type thing they'd do better!...

respect to flight and l double, but there are internet stations i'd rather listen to than 1xtra no matter what dnb djs they have on.

Thats a shame, I used to love fuelling my addiction by listening to Flight in the evening on my girlfriends TV while she was sleeping... she had Sky you see, and I didn't.

Westwood is an evil man/child and should be murdered... :twisted:

if i wanted 2 listen 2 westwood and trevon nelson i would listen 2 radio1 so now i no longer have 2 buy a dab radio like i was going to

Just think,
Loads of cheesey american* "bling-bling" Hip Hop & people getting popped everywhere... What a lovely thought...

When is Westwood & Nelson on again?... There brill!...

* I dont mean to cause offence to our friends across the pond!...

1Xtra have now got 1Xtra Cunt...............Mr Westwood....Holla!!!
:uberlaugh

they drop flight but kept crissy cris mmm :weirdo:
and then replaced flight with westwood wtf
is going on i cant believe peaple still listen to westwood every time his named is mentioned everyone i know says oh not that cunt
i dont understand. iv never meet anyone who likes him . and whats more cringy is that he represents hip hop for the uk at a very high level . the yanks must think his a proper twat
how embarassing for uk hip hop .
sorry that may have been harsh but i really dont like him . rant done

:uberlaugh

they drop flight but kept crissy cris mmm :weirdo:
and then replaced flight with westwood wtf
is going on i cant believe peaple still listen to westwood every time his named is mentioned everyone i know says oh not that cunt
i dont understand. iv never meet anyone who likes him . and whats more cringy is that he represents hip hop for the uk at a very high level . the yanks must think his a proper twat
how embarassing for uk hip hop .
sorry that may have been harsh but i really dont like him . rant done

:applause:

For yrs Westwood wouldn't ever play any UK on his show, yet at the same time put his name on UK compliations. Wank.

He is and has been is a position to promote it properly for yrs, and what's he do? Promote himself instead, at every possible opportunity. HH is what made Westwood famous, not the other way round. I wish he'd remember that sometimes.

I don't begrudge him being famous and making money at all, but he could do far more to help UK (and US underground) HH.

Best thing he ever did was be the inspiration for Ali G!:)

Just think,
Loads of cheesey american* "bling-bling" Hip Hop & people getting popped everywhere... What a lovely thought...

When is Westwood & Nelson on again?... There brill!...

* I dont mean to cause offence to our friends across the pond!...

*and i dont mean to cause more ruffles to anyones fethers but lets look at dnb for a cheeky mo*

sales of bootlegs of the big hitting rnb / hip hop dnb remixes that have entered the dancefloor and gone down well is amazing , the cross over appel goes to show u that a major % of people going to dances "not" on forums but at the dance is liking that flavour ,

look at the average person who listens likes alot of different things and does give me monkies ass about being anal over the politics of music , all there interested in is image ....

hip hop / rnb inbraces that image culture and has such a large following because of it , hence why bootlegs sell and go down well ...

*crossover*

i have to say theres an insane amount of people that use music forums who are so into what they feel n love that when something minor happens with in a small scene its the end of the world ?

*shit the bed* its not .......

im sorry to flight n ldouble , but the realities of whats happened isent saying dnb is on the decrease , because thewy realities of that are the music and popularity of it is increasing , but at a different rate to what people wanting to hear rnb / hip hop ... what ever is popular to a mass with in biznes will always out shine whats not ? commonsence .... !!!!!!!!

u can bitch left right n centre over who they have chosen , u may hate u may like but the realities of it is , westwood and madhatter trev carry wieght as djs , they play a serton sound and the popular saturday night run of the mill like it and theres more of them than anal know it all forum drum and bassheads , lets face it a !!!!

1x is a biznes and with in any biznes if it aint working your out ,,, standard issue end of story , no if but what ..... the door dont slam it behind u .....

anyway enuff rantin from me :mad::mad:

No disrespect to Westwood or Nelson, but they should just fucking stay where they are.
L-Double and Flight in my opinion help make what 1xtra are now,
It'll be bollocks after they go.
Still got Bailey, haven't heard Chriss criss.
1xtra don't do it, your making a mistake

At the end of the day 1Xtra is a business that has to answer to the BBC big bosses…

Its not a little pirate station that doesn’t really give a fuck about listener numbers. The reason they are dropping Flight and L Double is that no one listens to it live or via the BBC streaming thing so viewing figures are low..

However, relatively, a lot of people listen to Bailey and Crissy Cris (who I think personally does a better job at presenting / appealing to the demographic). Crissy Cris’s show is actually really good, and I can see why it appeals to more than L’s or Flights. I think moving him to a better slot is a good idea.

It is a shame but I can imagine a lot of thought went into it and also 1Xtra is struggling… it has smaller viewing figures than 6 music for example!

Flight and Double could have th best show ever but if the viewing figures are crap it has to go!

Rass... Wasn't the whole point of 1xtra was to hear music you dont normally hear
anywhere else?... Weren't it trying to be a legal pirate?...

The big giant head cant just look at the figures and say:

"Rudeboy, these viewing figures are quite pony... We have to dash some of these
dnb man dem" ...

And then come with the old formular... It is a bit defeatist, isnt it...

They should have switched it around a bit not chop people who represent YOU...

Ok, people dig rnb more... But what you have to remember is that rnb is commercial
- it is pushed by the Majors... There are more interested in what sells more, not what
people actually want, ask pete waterman...

rnb has been around for 30+ years longer than dnb and you aren't going to get high
figures overnight for the dnb dj's because people drapse and pillage the boards after
the show & not stop in to hear L & Flight...

You dont have to stay at home to listen "there and then" like how it was '80s...

I can't really relate to "Hoes" & been "Shot at" because that hasn't happened to me -
I have grind the odd gal though...

Half of the Hip-hop "MC"s cant relate to their "chosen subject" neither because they are
now far removed from street life because they are rich beyond our means when they spit
there lyrics - or never actually been a hoodrat, ask jah rule...

They should have given L Double and Flight more of a chance as you cant mix and sing
at the same time, ask sonique...

And another thing, this rnb/hip-hop/jungle/dnb bookleg ting... Wasnt the whole jungle/dnb
ethic was to make tracks at home and drapse elements from other cultures?... I like rnb,
love dnb even more but I dont want to hear the same old nonsense I listen to on radio one...

I sort of respect Tim & Trevor a lot as they have been playing for ages... But they should be representing UK music more, not the next US dude who happens to be in town...

Look at all the UK Hip Hop headz who talk a lot of relavence & sense like TASK FORCE,
PHI LIFE CYPHER, KLASHNEKOFF, BRAINTAX, MD7, TWISTED LINK to name a few, but hardly
no one knows about them because Trevor or Tim doesn't was want you to know about them...

Just adding my 10 Cents... Can someone lend me 10 cents please as I am now brass!...

[ I best duss off as I think that my comments arent that welcome... ]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom