1st Tune. Need some tips.

intros pretty cool, eerie an moody, drums need beefing up throughout, really eq the individual hits to give punch. I wouldnt of brought the dnb drum pattern in before the drop, it would give more emphasism when it does drop if it wasnt there. Also, the half time works better with the intro sounds.

the drop synth has so much high end on the sound, it hurt my ears dude.

Beef the drum hits up, eq the indiviual sectons (bass, synth, drums etc) and your starting to get there ;)

Sweet man. I'll keep working on it. Can u just explain what u mean by eq the individual sections? (Dam i feel like a n00b saying that) I'll post the new version in a week or so. Don't get much time to work on my tunes cos of work and all the rest of it. Ty for the advise.

haha, no probs. if you are using a break, chop it up so you have the individual hits, eg kick, shaker, hat, snare etc, load them into separate channels or banks and use an equalizer to clean up an add brightness/depth to the drum pattern.

obviously thats if you soley use a break for your drums.

we tend to use individual drums hits from sample banks to make our kick/snare/hat/shaker pattern, send each channel or group to a mixer channel, eq the parts, (kick/snare/percussion) as the basis, then add a break in the background to fill the gaps. ;)

Great stuff. Think i know what u mean. I'm using reason v4. So on each bank of the redrum drum comp, just play about with the kick/snares etc to give each one a better sound? I'll have a play about with it when i get home tonight. Cheers jay. Nuff respect. :)

Deffo bring the drums out a little. A really nice idea with the signature bassline. When you empathsize the drums some more it will sound less flat. Wicked tune mate. keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom