1st track ever! not complete but have a listen

Before i take a listen, i'm going to point out that there's millions of production tip threads and sites that state that never ever let people hear your first tunes. only ruins your name in their eyes. Now if i think this tune is wack, your name will stick into the back of my brain and you'll never get any more feedback from me (with the same name anyway) because i dont want to listen wack. Same thing with sending demos out to labels, have patience and be sure your sound is good. Or change name to tease the labels more :lol:

Still, going to have a roll on this since you took a listen of that clip of mine.:slayer:

the vocals are a good idea, but gets repetitive after a minute, also, no offense mate, but you sound like a soundboy trying to be rough, get agression there mate!

This is actually better than i expected, good ideas.
The bass is going good, the wobblewob and all, but lacking bottom end. Maybe try boosting it with Waves RBass or add a sub there.

the beats are thin aswell, this kind of stuff would appriceate a fatter beat, more compression and a fill here and there could make it roll better.

I'm not trying to put you down, this is a hell of a lot better than my first tunes were. Just keep working and learning the bits and pieces of it. This forum is a good place to get that knowledge.

Hey there,

Just dowloaded your track. I think the first break you use sounds cool. The basslines almost there, i agree with karma that it needs more low end though - try and get it more in yer face. try adding different effects to it each time you come back to it. start of simple then get it going more dirty with each breakdown and buildup just to keep it interesting. Also think the whole thing could be sped up a bit. Maybe if you can add more to the breaks, change them up a bit, add some variation to keep the listener interested. You could also change drum samples every now and then like brigning back that first one you use. Theres a thread at the moment on layering breaks together to get them sounding phatter, if you havnt read it go check it out, its pretty technical (for a novice like myself) but its probably a good place to start working on your sound. Maybe add some more break downs into the tune as well, so you are itching for the bassline to come back. Just some ideas do with them what you will! have to ask... Is that vocal meant to be a joke?

nowwhichway said:
Hey there,

have to ask... Is that vocal meant to be a joke?

Well nah not really ! i take it that u not likin that bit then ! lol !
oh well each to there own !

Thanks for all the comments above they have been taken on board an ill let u have the finished result !
cheers again (y)

hmm too bad, link expired, but take kama's first post siriously man, don't fuck up your name by posting your first tune ever, or just switch names ;)

Back
Top Bottom