1ST TRACK - CROOKED HANDZ

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
managed to muster up my first track, its nothing special but i wanted to put it up to get some basic feedback. all is very welcome. keep your ears open for more coming soon. i ultimately want to produce deep dark dnb , but this tune sort of turned out like this. you can tell its a first tune but advice would be spot on ,

cheers guys

Nice one fella.
Obviously, i have already heard it but im gonna post anyway mate. Nice use of LFO on your bassline and a cool psychedelic sound overall. It has a sinister theme and is a sterling first tune mate.
I know its not what you want to be turning out as a style but getting a tune under your belt and some feed back is all part of the learning process. Learning a method for building a tune that is comfortable and logical to you is vital, otherwise it can be a mammoth task.
With some work on drum layering and filling gaps in sequences, your tunes will fill out. Using soundeffects to cover stops and breaks that sound too prominent is a good process to learn.
Remember... in the words of MR VEGA.... In producing, there are no rules!
Big up partner.
Keep it crackalacking

yes in the world of production there are no rules just wot you know werks
hope the tips help you out man
and for a first tune its not bad at all bro got good change in your drum werk
just need to werk on your basics a bit and youll be roasting wit the devil soon enough

yeah defo along the right lines mate, just need to get more into layering up breaks and bass

try mixin different sounds together to keep bass interesting

wiv kicks and snares make sure you use lots !!

keep it comin...

your breaks are real funky and that reverbed bass bit sounds cool
so for a first tune its good and just keep at it, its just a matter of putting the hours in and youll be roasting with the devil, if one is to beleive vick vega.

cheers guys, much appreciated. im working on another soon. unfortunately not at home much recently so find it hard to find time .

how do you layer to basses together?? the same way as you would with drums ?

ive got decent vst's but finding it hard to get good results out of them. even tho i can play with them for hours.

do people do this -

open two programs up ( FL STUDIO ) i use.
open 2 of the same vst's and create a bassline in each.
then layer them together ?? is this an option . ui want to make a basic dark dirty reese , or anyhting along those lines.

any ideas. in simple terms if possible .

"...open two programs up ( FL STUDIO ) i use.
open 2 of the same vst's and create a bassline in each.
then layer them together ??"

basically yeah make 2 different mid bass layers on 2 different channels and play around ;)

Back
Top Bottom