1st go at crack / fidget house

drp81

had a go at making crack / fidget house the other day - is the 3rd tune down in the soundcloud list - called fidjit

am undecided as to whether i should mkake the kick lighter and add in a bassline, or leave it as it cos the kick's pretty meaty and sounds juicy on a sub

any feedback appreciated!!

http://www.soundcloud.com/drp

:D

theres no bassline? fidget house needs a bassline. the kick and the clap dont really go that well together, the beat gets very boring and repetitive quite quickly. The drums sound more like that bassline/niche/speedgaragey shit to me n'all.

thanks for listening and for the feedback - all taken on board. used to be a big garage head back in the day so no surprise it comes over sounding speed garagey; don't like any of that bassline shit tho so will be sorting the drums & beat pronto!
am by no means a pro so will prob take some time over it and see how it comes out... still learning a lot of the basic shit!

Dude I just checked your Soundcloud, and noticed you're from Basildon!........Me Too! and I'm only 2 years older than you, whats the chances we may know each other lol!

alright geezer! yeah am from Basildon, only moved here a year ago though so not a true essex lad, my roots are in deep dark bedford!! unfortunately so are my decks and all my beloved vinyl hence moving into production...
checked out ur tunes on soundcloud, liking the style - what do u use to produce?

FL Studio 8, and lots of VST's.

The stuff on my soundcloud is all pretty old shit really. With the exception of Pipe Dreams, which is my favourite track I've produced so far.

Just out of curiosity, where bouts in Basildon are you?

I'm near Ballards Walk shops, great knightleys.

fair play, need to spend more time with fl studio, only scratching the surface atm.

am in Laindon, which i'm reliably informed is shit...

Your informant was correct lol!

But to be fair, I think Basildon in general is a little......shit!

As for FL Studio, it does take time to get the sounds sounding more "proffesional", this is something I'm still trying to master. But overall I think it's one of the easiest programs to use. I've been playing around with it on and off for around 2 years, and still learning new stuff. More so now though as I've become more serious about production. I go to a friends house who has a studio once a week, and we bang our heads together to create some messed up shit!

Back
Top Bottom