1st EVER dubstep tune from Stepchild

You've done a great job with the atmosphere and energy. The build up, I wish it had more direction towards where it was going. I was waiting for some melodic rise to come out of it. No doubt this is a great tune, you've done really well. The snare seems very distorted almost, though? Is that just me? It's a big snare anyway, nice. The sweep in the intro could be made louder, in my opinion. The hats seem to have a lot of mid or high in them. Maybe if you could make them a bit softer? But not too much or else it would lose the edge in the sound. Maybe instead, turn down the frequencies on them a little, and add some constant little closed hats and cut open hats, but make them nice and soft and slightly reverb'd to give the beat more travel? Just throwing ideas.

Over all, though - really digging the song, especially the break downs and atmosphere. Great job!

Left a comment on the cloud earlier lads, nice work! :) I think the snare is a touch to reverby but does need that high end that fletch said!

Wicked job though, love them next door style vocals

Yeah really love the shuffles in the hats on this tune, big beat too. Build up is cool but like mentioned above, would like to see that filter opened up a bit more for greater impact! Tight tune

Thanks to all of you for these helpful comments. Seriously, it's so incredibly helpful to get the honest opinions from those with "fresh ears" to give us a bit of incite as to what the mix as a whole is missing. Definitely going to inject a bit more energy and high-end nastiness into it.

Again, thanks Modern, Fletch, Neomind, Parsons & DJSing, BIG UP!!

Well I like it. The snare thing has been said. Needs more cow bell.

Back
Top Bottom