1996 dnb bass

Last edited:
those songs dont seem to have much in common when it comes to bass

i dont have sound on this computer but the pulp friction bass is just a lowpassed reece.
very easy to make, not so easy to perfect but the basic sound is easy to make.
alex reece sampled it from the original reece song which was called something or other by wossname. reese or something

very easy to make, not so easy to perfect but the basic sound is easy to make.
alex reece sampled it from the original reece song which was called something or other by wossname. reese or something
Thank you muchly, I shall forth go with knowledge of snippet and otherwise conquer great maybes of fact.

this is from dnbwiki, and should explain a little further on whats the deals

The reese is named after "Kevin 'Reese' Saunderson" (Reese, from his middle name -- Maurice), a techno producer. It comes from the 1986 tune Just Want Another Chance. Whilst some smaller dnb tunes may have sampled it beforehand, the first huge dnb tune to sample this bassline and firmly establish it as a staple sound was Ray Keith's Terrorist from 1994.

Since then, the history of the reese has essentially been one of "bigger, louder, nastier". The original reese sound has been progressively more distorted, filtered and layered, to the point where newcomers to dnb raised on the likes of Noisia may be surprised at the relatively smooth, lowpassed sound of the original Terrorist bassline.

Furthermore, most so-called reese basslines these days probably do not sample from the original source, but are merely tagged with the same name owing to their similiar qualities. It is quite easy to make a basic reese, and it is therefore common to synthesise an 'original reese' rather than stick with the sample.

that tune is so cack i knew it had to be aphrodite, that bass is easy to make with a hypersaw, you can get those samples from doas sample swap. not sure if thats what they used but it could be

Subfocuss has a tutorial on how to do an oldskool reece. He uses massive.

Back
Top Bottom