1992 - Summer Vibe pt.2 (07/29/04)

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
This is a new mix that I was inspired to make this past July after aquiring many new records from my good friend in Allentown PA (you may remember his site "Breakizm" which is no longer online). Now that I had a good assortment of wicked tunes that I'm not already sick of, I just had to here them in a DJ mix so thats what I did. That and I also wanted a fresh mix CD to give to Reithoffer Shows at the New Jersey State Fair. As it turned out I banged out two mixes to give to those rides, the other will be online in October which is fitting since its mostly darkside 'ardkore.

The mix isn't without a few minor mistakes however unless if your some geeked out techno record collector who BSes on message boards all day long, you'll never pick up on them. The best thing about this mix for me is that I now have records in there that I've been after for years like "Get Busy Crew", and "Music". Secondly I was able to mix tracks in there that were probably never in a 93 hardcore set like Kerri Chandler "Climax 1" which is a 1993 house record played on 45rpm instead of 33. Another record played at the wrong RPM is Speedy J "Something For Your Mind (Exposure Remix) aka Rise" which is a 1992 techno record. Both records sound so much better at the "wrong" speed which is more like the "right" speed.

Anyway this mix was my sound track for the summer and now that were into the fall I hope it will remind you of summers gone by. For me it was a real trip hearing this mix played on the Chance "Sling Shot" and seeing mothers dancing to this underground dance music while waiting for their kids to get off the ride. Better for them to dance to this then to some aweful top 40 euro-disco that they play on KTU.

The photo for the cover is a photo I took this past summer on Mariners Landing amusement pier in Wild Wood, NJ. I loved this photo so much I had it enlarged and framed. I would have also submitted it to the Matt's Carnival Warehouse calendar contest but since its not a "carnival" I doubt it would get very far. Whatever, I like it.

CD Art:
1992_SummerVibe_pt2_CDart.jpg

Tracklisting:
++). Tony Braasch - Waterfalls (Compass productions 97307 10522)
01). Joint Project "Fantisize" (Soap Bar Records 005)
02). Joint Project "Spiritual Guidance" (Soap Bar Records 003)
03). 2 Da Core "Rub A Dub" (PM 60T)
04). SMF "Bad Temper" (Rugged Vinyl SMF0001)
05). Smith Inc. "Music And Life (Remix)" (Absolute 2 020)
06). DJ B & EZM "Shocking to the Break of Dawn" (Vinyl Connection VCON2)
07). Nookie "Drummer of Doom" (Reinforced 1239)
08). Jack 'N Phil "A Trip To Knowledge (Jack Smooths Old School Mix)" (Basement 015)
09). Kerri Chandler "Climax 1" (Shelter Records 1004)
10). DJ Spice "The Groove" (Soap Bar Records 008)
11). Eoad "H.T.R. Groove" (Ibiza 029)
12). The Brothers Grimm "Field of Dreams" (Production House 036)
13). Scott & Keith "Get Busy Crew" (Reinforced 1241)
14). Wax Doctor "Another Direction" (Basement 018)
15). DJ Hype "The Trooper (Bizzy B Remix)" (Suburban Base 28R)
16). Citadel of Kaos "Narrow Boy (Retouch)" (Boombastic Plastic 001)
17). DJ Spice "The New Style Pt. 2" (Soap Bar Records 008)
18). Noise Factory "123 O'Clock Rock" (3rd Party #5)
19). Harmony & Extreme "Music" (Lucky Spin 007)
20). Speedy J "Something For Your Mind (Exposure Remix) aka Rise" (Music Man 9308)
21). The Dok "Deep Breath" (89 Revival 002)
++). Tango & Ratty "Tales From The Darkside" (Nu Urban Repress TR001)
22). Tango & Ratty "Final Conflict" (Nu Urban Repress TR001)
23). Kev Bird "Kano" (Basement 031)
24). Radioactive Kids "Ominous Clouds" (Radioactive Kids 01)
25). Techno Bros. "Dribbiling Babies" (Basement 014)
26). Smooth But Hazzardous "Push Up The Levels (SBH Remix)" (Sound Enitity 1205)
27). T Power & Skie "Brave New World" (Soap Bar Records 010)

Download the 192kbps 44khz 109mb 79.36min MP3.

N-JOI!

Last edited:
Enjoyed this very much last night, played this during my poker night. Mixing and selection was spot-on as per usual.

There was only one tune i didn't really like, toward the end of the first 1/3 of the mix, it had a very repetitive string/synth doing the same 3 note inversion over and over. Minor bone to pick, though.

(y)

Cant wait to hear this. Downloading now. im a raver from the old skool back in the day. started 1989 and still at it. good to see people keeping it alive. thank buddy.

This is the best Old Skool mix I have heard in years!!! Big up to you mate... its good to see someone keeps there interest in the days that were the best in my opinion!!!...

Back To The Old Skool... and by the way... it'll never die either!!!

Back
Top Bottom