1992 - Bad Looking (*New Jungle Tekno Track*) 11/26/2003 @ 2am

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Hello people.

Please rate and review this new track I made two nights ago. I didn't think I was going to end up making anything, it just kinda happened. I had just bought this Good Looking CD that was suppose to have a bunch of good tracks on it. As it turned out this CD (Sounds Good) was nothing more then a "sampler" of good looking releases which had the track fade out after only 2 frikken minutes. I was so upset.... what a rip off! But on the bright side there was this one track in there that had a great amen loop. So I guess the CD wasn't a complete waste because I was able to make something with it. This track also marks my first attempt at using the EQ feature in acid as an automatable envelope which kinda sounds like a filter sweep. Another first is that I realized I could rip basslines out of my friends Noise Factory MP3s (pretty frikken cool!).

The tunes pretty neat, its stompy 1993 jungle tekno with a bitter sweet happiness vibe. If it was 1993 right now, I bet I could have had all the top djs play it like Top Buzz and Easygroove.... but sadly, that time has passed.

Please take a listen and tell me what you think, use that star rating feature too.

Download:
The 96kbps 44khz 6.52min 4.72mb MP3

N-Joi! :sing:

Yeah, I popped open that cd at work - Sounds Good 01. What a rip off! Let me tell you, even GLR is not immune to the creative draught going on right now - the last progression session had several rewinds in it :puke:

I'm d/ling now, review soon come.

Awe..... You should have warned us about buying that CD. ;) Yeah Good Looking hasn't released anything good since that Rantoul "Default" track in my opinion. I'm not so much into that laid back watered down Kenny G jungle jazz that they've been putting out.

Thanks, let me know what you think of the track.

And for everyone else viewing this thread, leave some creative feedback. As long as its not completely nasty, I promise I won't bite or hate you :)

One last thing: Is anyone else here making jungle tekno tracks like this one? I'd like to hear them :)

this tune takes me back to when i first heard jungle. it makes me remember my first huge outdoor rave and dancing like a jumping bean on a hot frying pan !!
nice samples and very sweet amen break, love the b-line to
gimme more BOH!
oohhh yea, the mentazimee synth at 4:03 is cool

As for 1993 vs 2003... well- take the glitz off, and not much has happened (although you do seem to need a f00king sound engineer :( )

To be completely honest about your track, i dont like the basic break, sorry
the synth at 4:03 is definetly the best instrument- rework the break around it, and hey its 2003 mate

MisChieF said:
As for 1993 vs 2003... well- take the glitz off, and not much has happened (although you do seem to need a f00king sound engineer :( )

Well if you tell me how it sounds bad in the sound engineer department, maybe I can fix it.

To be completely honest about your track, i dont like the basic break, sorry
the synth at 4:03 is definetly the best instrument- rework the break around it, and hey its 2003 mate

Ok, I appreciate your comment there. That synth is from Sy-Kick "Nasty" I believe. I rearranged it and did the filter sweep effect.

Back
Top Bottom