[140bpmneurobreakbeatfunk] Sobec - Artificial Intelligence

MisterApe

8bit junkie
VIP Junglist

So yeah, "dubstep".. again.
Well not really dubstep now, but you get the point.
It's just weird 140bpm-ish stuff that I had a lot of fun making.

Critique appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this mate, that bass! and the beat is awesome. One thing that stands out to me is some of those one shot sounds are a bit too overpowering when they come in, which gives the impression that they don't totally fit in the track. I'm sure they will but perhaps blend them in a little.

I I'm feeling the bass, especially in the mids and the reverse winddown processing done on some of the bass notes is pretty cool. Nice beat too. I agree w/ AlienWeapon tho; there are couple of percussion hits in the beat that stand out atm, and maybe one in there I'd actually just chuck out altogether.

The one I'm talking about in particular,... it's the sample that comes in near the end of each bar and (this is just a reference time) 2:40 or so. Kinda sounds like a maraca. Just doesn't sit right with me.

A few of the other samples could also be glued in slightly tighter, but aside from that I think it's a pretty good dubstep-ish track :)

I agree on those sounds, will fix it soon : ).
Getting soundcloud pro soon so I can just replace the file with new audio then I believe.

Will update thread when done :)!

Cool tune, great production, which is something ive come to expect :P

Too much verb on the snare, sounds a bit 'behind'. Some weird ass sounds seem to creep in too... A good thing to fix this is by not listening to your tune for a whole day, just other music, and than come back and you'll find out everything that doesnt fit straight away.

You got a really cool beat, but its a bit repetitive in a darkstep/hardstep kinda way (if thats what you were going for). I myslef love a good break switch, like Evol Intent, and a lot of noisia's recent stuff.

Awesome FX, live the granular and foley shit, works great. Keep it up.

Cool tune, great production, which is something ive come to expect :P

Too much verb on the snare, sounds a bit 'behind'. Some weird ass sounds seem to creep in too... A good thing to fix this is by not listening to your tune for a whole day, just other music, and than come back and you'll find out everything that doesnt fit straight away.

You got a really cool beat, but its a bit repetitive in a darkstep/hardstep kinda way (if thats what you were going for). I myslef love a good break switch, like Evol Intent, and a lot of noisia's recent stuff.

Awesome FX, live the granular and foley shit, works great. Keep it up.

Neat! :)

Good advice on listening to it later on, I just did and I'm going to fix some stuff that's wrong with it during the weekend.
Thanks for the critique!

Took the track down, fixed all what was wrong (Different snare for instance + got rid of that "maraca"-ish sound.)

Now to debate whether to send it out or not : ).
Thanks for all the critique!

Back
Top Bottom