140bpm multi genre mixes

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
Hey.... been thinking of doing multi genre mixing in 140bpm. Grime, dub, crack house, breakbeats etc.

Even gone as far as to get a second CD deck as I know these scenes are mainly digital.

Opinions?

Any mix tapes around of people who doing the same?

alot of people who mix genres around that speed tend to mash it up a bit as its so easy to mix them together and they dont sound dodgy if you do

i used to mix old hardcore dnb with garage, stuff like 2 bad mice - bombscare and the like
also salt n pepa push it worked quite well

thought about that aswell and did a few mixes for my personal listening pleasures, but never got to the point i thougt these were good enough to showcase.

its not thaaat easy to get house to work with dubstep and breaks as there often are more than 10bpms difference.

All of the multi-genre mixes i've ever heard rarely stay just at a certain bpm, usually they contain large tempo shifts throughout to accommodate the other genre's!
Lately it seems like its been alot of dubstep/dnb or dubstep/electro or something like that...

Breakbeat with dub and electro would be sick though, fairly similar tempos

well im gonna experiment. So should be great fun.

Already very competant on the decks so it's not like I need to learn any new skills. I'm thinking utilising most music's around 140bpm.

Dubstep
Grime
Breakbeat
Funky
Crack house
Dancehall?

etc, not gonna be thinking oh is this the right genre. Im just gonna be going for whether or not I like the tune, and whether or not it makes sense to blend together.

btw my mix archive might be going off line soonish. I think the money that I am paying to keep them online could probably been used better elsewhere... Rape and pillage whilst its still there... www.soundcloud.com/djcoshh

Dancehall is about 110-115 so will sound a bit shite sped up to 140, seeing as Technics don't have pitch lock ;)

This series is heavy:

http://soundcloud.com/el-maria/el-maria-fucked-up-dancehall-volume-5

And this is more of a jamming vibe, might not be your thing but fits the bill anyway:

http://prettymuchamazing.com/mp3/the-xx-jamie-xxs-mix-for-colette

Thanks I'll check em out... I listen to anything once .. thanks :)

quite a few Prodigy tunes are around 140 as well or can easily be mixed with 140 tunes

Yeah i was thinking that too... Also with the early rave classics. I have a bunch of rare vinyls, stuff like sound of the underground and what not... Was hoping I might be able to incorperate them in there too... Still waiting on this deck now... Arghh tis killing me!

search for any mix by ac slater

i recommend the count and sinden essential mix the one done this year not 2008

Back
Top Bottom