1210s or 1200s?

same bruv im gna go with 1210 tho just cus industry standard etc, not many differnce between mark 2 and 5 apart from the obvious modernising and looking slightly nicer, if you get mk 2's tho get the ones without the notch at the 45 point.. makes for finer mixing and ting braaaaa

same bruv im gna go with 1210 tho just cus industry standard etc, not many differnce between mark 2 and 5 apart from the obvious modernising and looking slightly nicer, if you get mk 2's tho get the ones without the notch at the 45 point.. makes for finer mixing and ting braaaaa

Yeah but if your mixing at that speed you deserve some problems! Speed it upppppppppp!!!!!!!!!! :rave: :jackson:

I recently got some and went for 1210s purely because of the look. I went for mk5 as it was only £55 more which i thought was worth it so id never have regrets about not paying that little bit more initially.

What?? Lol

Cheers

Just saying that in my opinion you (not you personally) shouldnt be mixing at the mid point anyway so any "click" should be irrelevant! Always think it should be sped up quite a bit as it just sounds so much phatter! Safe :D

Just saying that in my opinion you (not you personally) shouldnt be mixing at the mid point anyway so any "click" should be irrelevant! Always think it should be sped up quite a bit as it just sounds so much phatter! Safe :D

Yeah I think it sounds better quicker too, I meant wtf is 'clicking' and this stuff lol?

Cheers, ez

right ill try and explain to u bruv ill draw a pitch control with what ive got on my keyboard to explain the little "click/notch"

--|-- <<45 rpm
--|-- +1
--|-- +2
--|-- +3
--|-- +4
--|-- +5

right now on the newer models i.e mk 5s and mk2 second edition when u move the fader over the 45 point it will run smoothly and u can make very fine adjustments to the pitch, wth the older mk2s u will notice that when u push the fader over the 45 mark it will fall into a little notch sort of locking it in place so thst u know preciesely the original bpm for that record , its how i learnt to mix, on stantons a little light comes up theres different way that different manufactures do it. hope this helped, it took long enough lol.

right ill try and explain to u bruv ill draw a pitch control with what ive got on my keyboard to explain the little "click/notch"

--|-- <<45 rpm
--|-- +1
--|-- +2
--|-- +3
--|-- +4
--|-- +5

right now on the newer models i.e mk 5s and mk2 second edition when u move the fader over the 45 point it will run smoothly and u can make very fine adjustments to the pitch, wth the older mk2s u will notice that when u push the fader over the 45 mark it will fall into a little notch sort of locking it in place so thst u know preciesely the original bpm for that record , its how i learnt to mix, on stantons a little light comes up theres different way that different manufactures do it. hope this helped, it took long enough lol.

i get you :D basically theres a "groove" which the slider fits into when its at 45rpm, not locking it as such but slightly holding the slider in place.

Go for it, they're cheap to buy 2nd hand and are still holding their value very well. I could probably sell my setup (1210mk2s + vestax) for the same price I bought it for 4yrs ago ha ha!

If you got the wedge though, get the gold limited editions!! MMMMMMmmmbuffting!

1210m5gold.JPG

Go for it, they're cheap to buy 2nd hand and are still holding their value very well. I could probably sell my setup (1210mk2s + vestax) for the same price I bought it for 4yrs ago ha ha!

If you got the wedge though, get the gold limited editions!! MMMMMMmmmbuffting!

1210m5gold.JPG

Are they the 30th anniversary MK5g versions? Sweeeeeeeeeett

Back
Top Bottom