1210s and 1200s being discontinued..

GoldnSilver

I've heard on YouTube and done abit of a google search and apparently the 1210s and 1200s are being discontinued in Febuary 2010.. Yes they'll still be available second hand but will this make the prices of the second hand ones go up? I'm asking because at the moment I have one 1210 and I'm saving up for another and a mixer too start mixing. However I don't want to have a 1210 and some random other deck (or would that be okay?). Also I don't want to fork out loads on another if they do get discontinued. Thanks.

Speedy reply. Anyway, I damn hope not. I need to get another before it's too late. Haha. Can you mix on 2 different decks? Is it in any way harder?

Yeah this was brought up ages ago... They are getting discontinued only in Singapore or something, no where else, not for a long time... Chinese whispers.

Im glad there not being discontinued =) looking at getting some myself... and yes they would go up in price second hand if they where discontinued..

also what is the difference between the 1200's and the 1210's? was thinking of getting 1200's but have been told that there is a considerable difference between the two?

As far as I know mate, they're exactly the same apart from the 1200s are silver and the 1210s are black. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know mate, they're exactly the same apart from the 1200s are silver and the 1210s are black. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's basically it, but there are some black 1200s around. It's something to do with 1200s being forthe US market and 1210s being for the worldwide market.

afaik... the 1200 and 1210 ARE exactly the same apart from the colour.... well the MK2 versions are anyway, im not sure about newer versions but i would assume so

i have the SL1200/1210MK2 service manual.... the specifications are on the first page and refer to both models as one.... also all the parts are the same, the only time there different parts for each model, it it because the part is available in silver or black ;)

afaik... the 1200 and 1210 ARE exactly the same apart from the colour.... well the MK2 versions are anyway, im not sure about newer versions but i would assume so

The worlwide versions have a switch under the platter to select either 110V or 230V supply. The US versions don't have this, also the power supply PCB is a little different as a result. There are differences between older and newer versions but I don't know what they all are. I know that the older versions had a 6 pin pitch fader compared to the modern 8 pin.

also what is the difference between the 1200's and the 1210's? was thinking of getting 1200's but have been told that there is a considerable difference between the two?

Ok, here's the run down:

1200 Mk2: sold in the US as black or silver. Sold in Europe in silver only.
1210 Mk2: not originally available in the US. Sold in Europe in black only.

1200 M3D: silver, same as Mk2 except it has a "pitch reset" button that locks the pitch at 0% regardless of the fader's position. No click in the fader. Pretty rare.
1210 M3D: same as above but black, a lot more common.
Both M3D versions were discontinued when the Mk5 went into production.

1200 Mk5: silver, basically the same as M3D except the anti-skate range was increased and the target light uses an LED.
1210 Mk5: same as above but black.

1210 M5G: similar to Mk5, gloss piano black only, has a selectable 8% or 16% pitch range

1200 Mk6: silver, similar to Mk5 with minor differences.
1200 Mk6K1: as above but in black

There are a few other minor versions but I won't go into those. The Mk2 and Mk5 versions are the most common these days. I've heard that the Mk5 will be discontinued in favour of the Mk6, this may be the source of the rumours.

Ok, here's the run down:

1200 Mk2: sold in the US as black or silver. Sold in Europe in silver only.
1210 Mk2: not originally available in the US. Sold in Europe in black only.

1200 M3D: silver, same as Mk2 except it has a "pitch reset" button that locks the pitch at 0% regardless of the fader's position. No click in the fader. Pretty rare.
1210 M3D: same as above but black, a lot more common.
Both M3D versions were discontinued when the Mk5 went into production.

1200 Mk5: silver, basically the same as M3D except the anti-skate range was increased and the target light uses an LED.
1210 Mk5: same as above but black.

1210 M5G: similar to Mk5, gloss piano black only, has a selectable 8% or 16% pitch range

1200 Mk6: silver, similar to Mk5 with minor differences.
1200 Mk6K1: as above but in black

There are a few other minor versions but I won't go into those. The Mk2 and Mk5 versions are the most common these days. I've heard that the Mk5 will be discontinued in favour of the Mk6, this may be the source of the rumours.

cheers for that DTR! big ups

Back
Top Bottom