1007082015IP, What Y'all Think?

Mason John

21st Junta

A work-in-progress. It's just an intro I quickly cut together, and I only got started on this one late last night. I know there's clipping in there b/c some of the samples haven't been faded at their ends when I cropped them, and there's still freq cleanup to do and all that. But first I'm gonna fix the clipping and start building out the rest of the track.

But I'm wondering if for the main break what kind of kick and snare should I layer into the mix to give it a fuller feel, but compliments what's already there (or is roughly there). Any ideas on cleaning it up and the such are very welcome. I'd like to try resampling the mid-bass too so yeah ideas are welcome.

Just wanna see what y'all think of it so far, thanks!

Difficult to say mate. If you want to make it a full track, I would implement elements of your drop into the intro, I.E dropping in the occasional break and drop of bass. First thing though, i'd make sure them levels are all dialed in. It isn't easy working with samples, so just make sure they're all the same volumes. That kick needs work aswell.

Let us know how you get on though, definatley sounds interesting!

Difficult to say mate. If you want to make it a full track, I would implement elements of your drop into the intro, I.E dropping in the occasional break and drop of bass. First thing though, i'd make sure them levels are all dialed in. It isn't easy working with samples, so just make sure they're all the same volumes. That kick needs work aswell.

Let us know how you get on though, definatley sounds interesting!

Thanks Wilko; I've been messing around with it some more and made a lot of changes, but getting the levels just right is proving to be a bit challenging. I should have a version much further along up by tomorrow.

I've been debating about the snare; I like that it isn't too powerful but I guess the kick needs a bit more into the freq space the snare usually occupies in order to compensate? I don't want something too hard or heavy either, this balancing it a tough juggling act tho.

Back
Top Bottom