1-10 how shit is my tune, how can I make this/future tunes less shit?

CTJake

Och aye
Hey fellas, I was hoping some dudes could weigh in on the idea/mix/master/overall sound of this track I'm working on; no matter how brutal, all criticism that gives me something new to learn/think about is greatly appreciated and will still receive the full virtual high 5.

Cheers for the listens/time you took to read this, as always :)

I like the idea of the song and what it does with the bass…good movement. I get the fade in with the intro but I think overall it could be louder. To me I think the track could overall use some polish in the high registers- hats and cymbals make it a bit crisper. All I can think of for now…peace

Nice one! Idea is superb, elements fit together very well with the concept. Mix is solid, although the bassline needs some limiting to make it more consistent. I don't know about mastering.. :D All i would do is just throw a little compressor and a limiter on it. Overall sound is fantastic. Keep at it. You nailed the most important aspect, which is the idea (y)

I like the idea of the song and what it does with the bass…good movement. I get the fade in with the intro but I think overall it could be louder. To me I think the track could overall use some polish in the high registers- hats and cymbals make it a bit crisper. All I can think of for now…peace

Thanks for this Trigg, I definitely feel like I struggle with intros/buildups more than anything, I'll have a run at bringing the levels up in this portion and see where I can go from there :)

Nice one! Idea is superb, elements fit together very well with the concept. Mix is solid, although the bassline needs some limiting to make it more consistent. I don't know about mastering.. :D All i would do is just throw a little compressor and a limiter on it. Overall sound is fantastic. Keep at it. You nailed the most important aspect, which is the idea (y)

As they say "big up" Caldeth, your kind words mean a lot! I'll definitely have a play around with the processing on the bass to try and level things out a little more and see how I go.

Thanks again lads!

liking this man only on basic in ear headphones atm but bass seems maybe bit to big? kind causing a bit of fuzz
like all the blips an shit.lol

overall tho really like the ideas here drums are sounding nice could maybe be a bit more weighty on the snare tho but thats my personal preference

definitely a 10/10 on the shitness scale, an absolute shitfest.
:teeth:
jk dude, really like the mood of this track. nice one. maybe the snare could use a bit more punchyness? i feel like it could smack me a bit more.
i really like the bass fade outs after the last drop, but they might come a lil too often, and take away from the effectiveness?
also, and i am guilty of the same problem, maybe the bass low ends could use a bit of boosting? just so the track hits harder
anyway, you got this (y)

Nice vibes on this one mate! Would love to hear the drums smacking a bit more. Maybe some tape saturation? Also think some FX stuff would add some cool variation to it. Big up man

to me it seems like you need some harmonic distortion from a compressor and some distortion in that top end of the bass. i live the idea you got going on i just with the bass had a little bit more crunch to it. All this you will learn eventually with practice and just fucking around with sound design stuff. The drums could be a little bit louder to help drive the vibe of the song a little bit more but you got a solid idea going on in here my guy

Not Shit at all. Could ,maybe have more clarity on the low end but the background elements as well the percussion really shines here.

liking this man only on basic in ear headphones atm but bass seems maybe bit to big? kind causing a bit of fuzz
like all the blips an shit.lol

overall tho really like the ideas here drums are sounding nice could maybe be a bit more weighty on the snare tho but thats my personal preference

Thanks for this man, I think I did go a bit overboard with trying to make the high end interesting on this one, definitely going to make more of an effort to pull this back in future! The drums seem to be a common pointer so I've invested some time in learning how to properly process transients on kick/snare and drum bus as a whole. hopefully I'll be showing some improvement in this area!

All I would suggest is (and this is something I struggle with btw) is just to add a few bits of ear candy in the track just to spice things up a little bit. A few fills here or there & some FX samples just to get the ears guessing what's next. Good track though, man!

Struggling so hard with this, thanks so much for the pointer! I need to make sure to make an effort to do this rather than getting bogged down in the technical side and losing all sense of what I'm listening to :)

to me it seems like you need some harmonic distortion from a compressor and some distortion in that top end of the bass. i live the idea you got going on i just with the bass had a little bit more crunch to it. All this you will learn eventually with practice and just fucking around with sound design stuff. The drums could be a little bit louder to help drive the vibe of the song a little bit more but you got a solid idea going on in here my guy

Cheers man, I feel you completely! I definitely need to work on how I process my bass to get that proper distorted goodness, I'm very cautious with how hard I push that sort of stuff just now due to lack of confidence in my judgement; maybe I need to stop pussyfooting around and make some mistakes to learn from.

Not Shit at all. Could ,maybe have more clarity on the low end but the background elements as well the percussion really shines here.

Thanks fella, listening back that low end could definitely use a scrubbing brush, shit's sounding muddy :P I've put some work in on how I process my drums and have watched a few sound design/processing tutorials, so hopefully whatever comes next shows some improvement :)

Thanks once again to everyone, this has been a fantastic response!

Hey fellas, I was hoping some dudes could weigh in on the idea/mix/master/overall sound of this track I'm working on; no matter how brutal, all criticism that gives me something new to learn/think about is greatly appreciated and will still receive the full virtual high 5.

nice work ,.. nice sounds and movement within ... does that have a d/l link ?

There's a lot of cool sounds in here man, I like all the synth work, it's just the mix that's letting you down. I think there's too much bass, or at least it's clashing with your kick. Maybe polish up the high end and make the tune brighter too

Back
Top Bottom