02.22.08 -DC-Buzzilfe Presents: D:Fuse,Atlantic Connection,Judson Myers!

OutDaJungle

Dfuse_web_final500.jpg

$15 – presale @ www.wanttickets.com/buzz
$10 – presale @ www.wanttickets.com/buzz using promo code ”buzz”

Free before 11 with email to guestlist@buzzlife.com
$15 from 11-1 with email to guestlist@buzzlife.com
$20 general admission

REASONABLE TABLE PACKAGES:
Call Justin at (703) 635-0595

D:Fuse

D:Fuse began his musical career in Austin, Texas writing and performing industrial music under the name “Culture Industry” as a drummer and singer before he turned to DJ-ing. In 1998, he teamed up with his good friend Shane Howard to form Expansion. The two pressed their first two tracks themselves and circulated the vinyl at that year’s WMC. Within months the singles “Feel” and “Listen” were being played out by Timo Maas, Sasha, John Digweed, Chris Fortier, Danny Howells, Jerry Bonham, and a host of other leading DJs. “Feel” was also selected by Dave Seaman for his “Buenos Aires” Global Underground compilation and, within months, the D:Fuse name was known in the worldwide dance music scene.

In 1998, D:Fuse was signed to the premier electronic music label Moonshine Records, releasing three mix compilations and selling well over 120,000 CDs and singles on the imprint including his first solo club hit “Body Shock”. In 2001, D:Fuse was plucked out of the Lone Star State for his DJ skills, by Paul Oakenfold. Two consecutive North American ‘Perfecto’ tours comprising over 50 sold-out dates ensued, plus DJ appearances in England, Scotland, Switzerland, Ibiza, Canada and Mexico. This was followed up with a double CD mix compilation for Oakenfold's prestigious “Perfecto Presents…” series (in conjunction with V2 Records in the USA). “People” was released in February 2002 and immediately entered the CMJ Chart at number 9. Perfecto subsequently released “She Rides” by D:Fuse & Joy. This track appeared on numerous Perfecto compilations as well as the huge-selling Gatecrasher mix series, achieving combined sales of over 200,000 units.

D:Fuse released “People_2: Both Sides Of The Picture”, a 2xCD mix for System Recordings, in 2003. This compilation proved to be one of D:Fuse’s most successful works to date, and further established his name as a producer, since this release featured eight new D:Fuse productions. He was featured on the cover of both REMIX and URB magazines, and joined the select list of performers at the legendary Coachella festival that same year.

In 2004, D:Fuse was voted URB magazine’s #2 Winter Music Conference DJ. He also released his debut artist album “Begin” on System Recordings to much positive acclaim. Splitting recording time between England, Los Angeles and Chicago to create a varied musical landscape, “Begin” broke new boundaries. D:Fuse’s signature fusion of electronic programming and organic instrumentation, plus inspired lyric writing and vocals, re-wrote all the rules of the DJ ‘artist album’. This long-awaited debut received 4 star reviews across the board in the industry media, and the single release “Living The Dream” (featuring Jes of Motorcycle) quickly achieved combined compilation sales in excess of 140,000 units.

“Begin” finally provided D:Fuse with the artistic space he needed to carefully experiment with - and skillfully integrate - musical themes that had influenced him, and his unique sound, over the years: from lush downtempo to driving basslines, funky percussion, and memorable melodies. Accordingly, his live shows began attracting more varied audiences since his music was proving to be equally palatable to both house and progressive music aficionados. The accompanying “Begin” tour was a massive success and hit 75 cities throughout North and South America.

In 2005 D:Fuse saw his fan base grow significantly after being voted one of the Top 15 progressive DJs in North America per the influential BPM/djmixed.com poll. D:Fuse soon teamed up with Mike Hiratzka to produce what would become one of the year’s most sought after remixes: “The Days Of Swine And Roses”, originally recorded by My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. This became the biggest selling single release from the popular “My Life Remixed” CD – a compilation of Thrill Kill Kult classic tracks remixed by various artists.

D:Fuse has always been a true innovator on the club scene, fusing live instrumentation with DJing in the form of live percussion for the past six years. In 2005 he unveiled “The D:Fuse Live Experience”, a DJ/live instrumentation hybrid featuring D:Fuse on a full percussion set up, Mike Hiratzka on guitar, bass, keyboards and vocals, plus vocals by MC Flint. The show coincided with the live CD release of “People_3” recorded at clubs in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX. The show produced amazing reviews in REMIX and M3 magazines and on countless websites. The live show was well received nationwide with capacity events in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Dallas, New York City, Kansas City, and a headlining slot at Miami’s 2006 ULTRA Music Fest.

“For me, it’s all about bringing energy to the people,” according to D:Fuse, “and playing percussion is an important part of that. I want the crowd to know that I’m not just there to play records. I’m there with them and feeling all the same energy that they’re experiencing. When I’m in the booth or on stage something switches on inside me, and it all builds from there.”

D:Fuse’s live show concept led to a team-up with The Scumfrog in 2006 to create their much-hailed live project “DJs Are Alive” alongside DJ Skribble, Kristine W and Static Revenger. The project continued to spark the idea that DJ sets can inspire so much more, both audibly and visually.

In 2006 D:Fuse relocated to Los Angeles to launch a new record label (Lost Angeles Recordings), and produce a full length album, with his new production partner Mike Hiratzka. A full year of intense studio sessions has now produced “Skyline Lounge,” D:Fuse and Hiratzka’s most ambitious work to date. The album delves even further into the use of live instrumentation with guitars, bass and percussion. It also includes violins by Govinda of 18th St. Records fame, and features guest vocal performances by Kristy Thirsk (Delirium, The Rose Chronicles) and DJ Rap, plus vocal performances by D:Fuse and Hiratzka themselves. “Skyline Lounge” also serves to showcase two emerging artists, Ceci Castelblanco and MC Flint.

D:Fuse recently unveiled his latest concept “Bring The Drums” to a capacity crowd at San Francisco’s renowned Ruby Skye. The new show spotlights D:Fuse performing on his most expansive drum kit yet, featuring his signature blend of congas and bongos plus tom-toms, snares and cymbals. D:Fuse will be rolling out the tour to select venues later this year.

Atlantic Connection

Over the years, Atlantic Connection aka Nathan Hayes has built foundations in music that few other producers can compete with. Beginning his professional production career in 2000 under the alias Basic Operations, Atlantic Connections skillful production and unique approach to music landed him in the ranks, becoming one of the highest selling drum and bass artists in America.

Labels like Renegade, Liquid V, Creative Source, CIA, TOV, Tangent, Human, Freak, all got in on the action. Alongside his former DJ partner Focus, Basic Operations achieved what few artists were able to do at the time.

Basic Operations held the ranks for almost 4 years until Nathan made the creative decision to part ways and explore himself as a solo artist & producer. Finding the name Atlantic Connection, Nathan became a definition of re-invention in music and was able to bounce back on a completely different vibe and quickly regain momentum.
With a completely new sound, vibe and energy, AC signed his first singles to Total Sciences’ CIA Records, TC1’s Dispatch and DJ Fabio’s Creative Source. The reactions were stellar and AC began receiving heavy radio play and club rotation from almost every big DJ around.

With hype building and buzz buzzing, and Atlantic Connection wanting to maintain his solidarity to a label, he made the decision to start up his own. After numerous meetings with his management and distribution, AC launched Westbay Recordings, his testament to “future soul music”.
Massive amounts of press surrounded this decision and AC quickly found himself in the center of every message board forum, blog site and magazine, including XLR8, Knowledge, ATM, Rinse and Bassline. In early 2007 Westbay made its debut release with “What’chuKnow” feat. MC Deviant backed by “Leaving Home”. The response was nothing short of impressive, and Westbay Recordings immediately became a buy-on-site label. Following Westbay001 Atlantic Connection released a number of massive tracks including “Can’t Destroy Love”, “Rocksteady” and “Grapevines featuring Makoto.

His unique sound had been stamped on Westbay, and it became a hub for his brand of “future soul music”. In June of 2007, AC went back to the drawing board with his management to concept for a sister label which would be a home base for other artists of which AC wanted to showcase.
Westbay International made its debut release in September of 2007 with Beta 2 & Zero Tolerance from Dublin Ireland. Once again he received an extremely positive response on the label and releases were lined up from artists including Random Movement, Big Bud, Spectrasoul, Concept & Shnek and more, to follow over 2007/2008.

Judson Myers
True Vibe DC

www.buzzlife.com
www.myspace.com/buzzlife

Important: Venue Change Announcement!

For ONE WEEK ONLY Buzz will be at FIVE.

Club Five is located at 18th & M NW DC.

This is due to a scheduling conflict. There is a private party booked and the contract was signed BEFORE Buzz starting doing Friday nights.

Next week (JAMES ZABIELA) and every week after we will be at FUR NIGHTCLUB.

Our prices will be the same as normal. FREE FROM 10-11pm and REDCUED ($10) from 11pm-1am with email to guestlist@buzzlife.com

Sorry but this event only is +21 this week only.

Nice one.....this way I get to listen to Atlantic Connection while I am smoking on the rooftop patio! Yay for DC smoking ban.....LOL.

Sweet!! I love FIVE and was wondering if there would be a party worth going to before it officially changed hands. I am glad that i can party for the last time with all my BUZZ peoples!!! See you all there!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom