.01 DNBFORUM MIXTAPE COMP "summer vibes" FORUM VOTES NOW

WHO'S HAS THE BEST SUMMER MIX?

• Total voters

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
TOP 3 WINNERS*
its up to you the forum to pick the winner now.
Thank you to everyone who entered,the votes were so close with EVERY team that we had to do a 3 way tie for the forum to vote. Everyone can vote once and your name will be shown for who you vote. If people make accounts to vote for their mix, i will look into it, if we see a bunch of new recently joined members voting for one team = disqualified.
be aware that the number the teams were given was at random.
Thank you to all the judges for participating, and everyone who entered. Smarty and I are really pleased with the turnout.

When the top winner is announced on the 1st of june, all links to mixes will be posted in the final thread.

THE FORUM HAS UNTIL JUNE 5TH NOON TO VOTE.

teaaaabh.jpg
team4.jpg
team5.jpg

LINKS TO MIXES
TEAM 1: http://dnbshare.com/download/SummerMix-Team1.mp3.html
TEAM 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/71st5e
TEAM 5:http://www.dnbshare.com/download/Team5-SummerMix.mp3.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM236.jpg

FEEDBACK FROM ALL JUDGES

Team 1:
*Good transitions between members.
*Consistent mixing, good selection/tracklist, felt like summer.
*Full marks for mixing.
*Nice selection of tracks, mixing was pretty smooth throughout.
*Only team to have constant smooth and tight mixing throughout.
*Mix was thought as a team and it shows.

Team 2:
*Mixing generally good but patchy at the start.
*Not very summery after the first part in my opinion, too much jump up after the first half to be classed as a summer vibes mix imo.
*Mixing was ok throughout, good effort tho.

Team 3:
*Good mixing until the last section. summer vibes all around.
*A good selection overall, mixing was ok throughout a little dodgy here and there but not too bad.

Team 4:
*Great mix and original tracklisting.
goes a bit wobbly in the end, but overall very balanced tunes.
*Quite a nice track selection, pretty tight mixing, a little dodgy here and there but overall pretty good.
*Tracklist, sold it.

Team 5:
*Very good mix, both in selection and technique, but fairly aggressive selection to begin with, which removes any "summer vibes".
*Loved the intro. Very consistently good mixing. Top marks!
*Very nice vibe on this one at the start and smooth mixing, a little dodgy here and there. Drifted a little at the end.

Team 6:
*Smooth mixing, a little off here and there but nothing major at all.
*Very nice track selection but drifted a little halfway through.
*Overall a nice vibe throughout until the middle, C4C in a summer mix, umm..?
*First and last bit of the mix were summery but the middle bit was quite creepy.
*Big up to whoever did the last 20 minutes, sick mix, good vibes.

.02 DNB FORUM ALLSTARS COMPETITION "LABELS BATTLE"
Look for the next competition thread in about an hour, with all rules and details inlucding a sweet prize for the winner. this will be made a sticky.​

Last edited:
Wicked!!! big ups to Chloe and all the judges for this great comp!! well done all the teams it was a heap of fun!:D

Artwork looks class! Thanks to all the judges, very quick turnaround, and of corse Chloe for organising it all and following through with it.

Not forgeting $marty too (y) big up bro!

Last edited:
Could we have a text-form tracklist for each mix, so we can copy/paste it rather than typing it out from the picture? Thanks :)

Big up to $marty & *Chloe for doing this. Especially Chloe on the artwork & ting. All looks big.
Like I said in the previous thread, it was very difficult for me to judge!
Next comp will be siick!

bless you petal.
as long as not everyone does this.
enjoy the mixes :D
:lol: guilty... am away til june 3rd got no headphones here an laptop speakers are bust, thought i should get my vote in anyways that's a crackin tracklist right there

Can I just say to team 1, that your mixing was absolutely flawless. There was no noticable transission from mixer ti mixer. It was just the intro on Team 5 that I fell in love with :)
I hope you 3 can forgive me :)

Big thanks to everyone that entered. All your mixes made my car journeys a lot more interesting. It was a tough decision to pick just two mixes as they were all so good.
Comp number 2 has just begun, spaces are limited so DJ's GET INVOLVED!!!!

now i've judged them all, i'm intrigued to find out which team goes with each mix.

can smarty or chloe let me know by pm please?

team 1 did it for me...summer vibes through and through. plus has my fav remix ever - human nature thanks whoever put that in :)

Back
Top Bottom