おはよございます everyone.

SupaKawazu

Hello all, not to much to say here.
My friend is a big dnb fan and recently got me into it, and I'm just joining the forums to get some good recommendations and expand my dnb music library in my itunes. I'm a college student who's a delivery driver for Pizza Hut, so I spend some quality time in my car while I'm working, and I'd like to have some fresh dnb tunes to listen to!

I'm big on singing included in the song, male or female doesn't really matter. So if anyone would like to take the time to point me to a song you enjoy including that it'd be much appreciated.

Nice to meet you all and be apart of the forums!

Problem is we don't know what subgenre of dnb you're into... ;)

go on youtube, and go on a 'related videos' tour, click - listen - click - listen - ...

here's a few songs (with vocals) to get your journey started, should give enough related vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is we don't know what subgenre of dnb you're into... ;)

Cardinal sin of assuming people have to like a particular subgenre to the exclusion of others...

I'm afraid that only comes with time ilovelondon because like racism it has to be learned!

Cardinal sin of assuming people have to like a particular subgenre to the exclusion of others...

I'm afraid that only comes with time ilovelondon because like racism it has to be learned!

nah man, but why should i give him 10 leads to find good ragga jungle with vocals when it's liquid he's gotten into, and quality liquid songs with vocals is what he wants from us?
Nothing like racism my friend, this is all about trying to give what someone asks for. ;)

He asked for vocal tunes but that's not enough for you...you want to know what kind of vocal tunes! For shame...you may think you're an adult but until you start challenging society's 'givens' you're still a juvenile... :teeth:

And please dont imply that monogamy is expected when polygamy is the more natural model.

Last edited:
nah man, but why should i give him 10 leads to find good ragga jungle with vocals when it's liquid he's gotten into, and quality liquid songs with vocals is what he wants from us?
Nothing like racism my friend, this is all about trying to give what someone asks for. ;)

Ah, liquid! I think that's one I like! Sorry for being such a noob here, but the song that made me fall in love with dnb had liquid in the title?

That whole video was GREAT. And I have enjoyed that more than other dnb's I've found thus far on my own...so I suppose I'm into liquid which is a sub-genre? I also enjoyed somethings I found from "Netsky" such as his song "Escape" which had vocals in it. Hope that helps some.
Anyway, thank you for your original videos you recommended, and Multeeplexe's too, I'm going to give them all a listen now. And I suppose I'll search for more "liquid" dnb mixes.
Hope everyone's having a great day!

You're reply tells me everything I need to know...

As someone who has magically and very recently discovered he's a liquid head I suppose you wont be enjoying these tunes then?

Who can imagine a world where we could enjoy these tunes without pigeon holling ourselves? We need to free ourselves from the mental shackles that leave ilovelondons posts dripping in prejudice and assumptions, even if there are people on here willing to fullfill them.

Love Erb & Dub to death man...unfortunately I''m not as painfully cool as he is otherwise I'd grow dreads and put them up too :teeth:

Check these two out Bult...

Ah, liquid! I think that's one I like! Sorry for being such a noob here, but the song that made me fall in love with dnb had liquid in the title?

That whole video was GREAT. And I have enjoyed that more than other dnb's I've found thus far on my own...so I suppose I'm into liquid which is a sub-genre? I also enjoyed somethings I found from "Netsky" such as his song "Escape" which had vocals in it. Hope that helps some.
Anyway, thank you for your original videos you recommended, and Multeeplexe's too, I'm going to give them all a listen now. And I suppose I'll search for more "liquid" dnb mixes.
Hope everyone's having a great day!

No problem mate. And yes, everything you are saying is true. Netsky is also a liquid dnb producer.

And for papa jaro: your bullshit is really starting to piss me off. This guy has heard a liquid mix, loves it, and asks us for more of the same. He doesn't know shit about drum and bass yet so he says its with vocals. I'm thinking about what he could have heard with vocals in, to give him what he wants. Don't try to be the 'free mind' in here man, it's completely inappropriate for this matter. Who says i don't listen to some subgenres? I love every aspect and style of drum and bass, one a bit more than the other but still. It is a fact that drum and bass can be divided in different subgenres. Nothing wrong with that. As long as there are no negative meanings attached to naming them. I don't pull them apart by giving them a name, i give them names to make it more easy what style someone like this guy is referring to. Did i say he wouldn't enjoy other tunes than the liquid he's heard? No sir, i didn't. I said it's tough to give him more of what he had heard because we don't know what subgenre he had heard. And you're making up all this shit because of this?

The only thing i was doing here, in this thread, is helping this guy out. He asked for more of the same, i wanted to give it to him. You on the other hand start hating, and assuming that whatever kind of prejudices you have against me because of how i've put my words are true. So fuck off will you. You'll become an adult when you start seeing individuals instead of 'society'. You seem to love that word huh? Society is like this, society is like that. One person is this way, another is different. The way you react on here is fucking irritating man, work on your attitude, it's due. Don't strut around like you're 'the adult' because you know how 'society' has gone wrong.

And now please leave the topic and especially me alone. Nothing worse than browsing your favourite forum, talking about your favourite music (drum and bass, all of it, not just a subgenre) when guys like you come in hating and throwing loads of prejudices in your face. So fuck off.

Obama-I-Got-This.jpg

W61_LDF00750.jpg

Chill out Jens...unless you want us to end up like this?

I was just amused that you feel we should fit neatly into subgenres whilst making the point that you listen to more than one. Hardly something to get your knickers in a twist about mate. To be honest I wish the op wasnt of the recurring kind otherwise this would be a much more interesting point to examine. Unfortunately some people feel obliged to 'introduce' themselves purely to satisy our prejudices...never mind. See you next time someone in this section discovers what subgenre they fit into and says 'ahhh liquid'.

What a forum... :weirdo:

we shouldn't fit neatly into subgenres, but lots of the dnb music can be fitted into the subgenres, that's why they exist. And for someone who gets to know liquid for example, being able to say that the style he's searching is called liquid comes in handy. When he gets to now the genre a bit better, he will discover other things that can't be put within the borders of liquid. But at that time, drawing lines between subgenres isn't necessary anymore, because he already has discovered some music. But for now, being able to name the music he's currently searching (and thereby giving him a lead and something to type into google or youtube to find what he's after) is really easy for us, and for him.

But fuck it, you wanna leave this behind us and start over, i'll happily accept that.

Not quite sure what all this shit about sub-genre's is and why it is or isn't wrong to split dnb into these genre's, but all I know is that the video that I posted above is a song I really prefer over other dnb songs I've found that aren't "liquid" so I guess that's just what I'm into. That's not to say I won't like other sub-genres in the future, but liquid seems to be what I prefer at the moment. Last time I checked every other music genre had sub-genres as well; hard rock, rock, alternative rock, indie rock, etc.

Now, if you all don't mind, lets just get back to discussing some dnb!

Thanks everyone for the help, got some stuff to keep me busy now!

Happy belated Holidays to everyone and New Years!
How are things going for you in 2k11 thus far mates?

Back
Top Bottom