Drum & Bass Ólafur Arnalds - Only the Winds (Thought & Process Remix) [Deep Liquid]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by thought&process, Mar 4, 2013.

1. thought&process

thought&process Noctem Audio

Were very happy with this one! Hopefully you lot feel the same way. If you like it, listen to it here as well, as its for a remix competition. http://awe.sm/gE6iw

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

for some reason i want that piano in the intro wider... maybe hi passed a smalllll amount to remove a little low end.

nice bassline!! really awesome vibes in this track, id up the vol on the shuffle and hats a bit more.

try centering the bassline more and widening the piano, idk just being picky on stereo placement i guess. nice work!

3. pattycake

pattycake Member

Pretty good ideas but it lacks drive and energy I'm not really into the relaxing dance music!

4. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

this is not a very helpful post. It's deep liquid, it has more of an intention to relax like deep house where the focus isnt necessarily energy and the destination isnt most likely a club.

5. thought&process

preeeeeeecisely. but good notes though! i appreciate the listen

6. thought&process

Bumping because I fixed the link :jacko:

7. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

Nice production. Sounds a little dry though somehow, I think its the drums...maybe some airy/splashy cymbals, or a light rolling break, behind the kick, snare n hats u already have ...it wont change the overall sound very much, but will give it some nice depth and ambience. Those strings that come in around the middle are reallly good!