£600/£700 for new pc build music rig what CPU/MB/RAM do you recommend

paranoid

Im going to spend about £600/£700 maybe more,for new pc build music rig what CPU/MB/RAM do you recommend??(yn)

motherboard ?
cpu ?
ram ?

ive got sound card ,psu,case,
please post any links of good deals you know of.

FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION ONLY

Cheers neil paranoid

Last edited:
Hi, I just finished my pc last week. I was trying to go under £500 for the whole lot (case, psu etc) so you'll end up with a different build than me.
If you already have your OS then even better, thats plenty to spend.

I went with Q8300, ASUS P5Q-EM, OCZ 4GB ddr2 ram, seagate barracuda drive (500GB, 7200rpm,32 MB cache) optiarc drive.
This is fine for what I need and my budget, eg the P5Q-EM has onboard graphics which saved me a bit.

I would recommend E-buyer to check for prices and the service was really good, I ended up getting everything from them.

For your budget you can maybe look at the i7 processor. The actual processor wasn't too expensive when I looked, but a compatible motherboard and ram put the price way out of my range.

Hi, I just finished my pc last week. I was trying to go under £500 for the whole lot (case, psu etc) so you'll end up with a different build than me.
If you already have your OS then even better, thats plenty to spend.

I went with Q8300, ASUS P5Q-EM, OCZ 4GB ddr2 ram, seagate barracuda drive (500GB, 7200rpm,32 MB cache) optiarc drive.
This is fine for what I need and my budget, eg the P5Q-EM has onboard graphics which saved me a bit.

I would recommend E-buyer to check for prices and the service was really good, I ended up getting everything from them.

For your budget you can maybe look at the i7 processor. The actual processor wasn't too expensive when I looked, but a compatible motherboard and ram put the price way out of my range.

hey thanks for the help m8 ,,,

Back
Top Bottom