£60 home made DVS. Found an interesting video.

Forau

VIP Junglist
I found this video wayyyyy back and it didnt really interest me. Lately ive been looking into getting serato, and i remembered the video and spent the last hour or so trying to find it.

Theoretically it all seems sound, obviously its not going to be in any way as good as serato or traktor scratch etc, but might be good if anyone is dubious as to if they want to shell out for serato when theyre not sure its for them.

Might well invest in this little setup as ive never used a DVS, but im warming to the idea of it =P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure two people from the forum actually did something like this a few years back, think they only managed to get it down to about £100 back then tho.

Well, im gonna guess that part quality has gone up and price has come down. If its less than 50 quid all in, i might give it a go.

Pretty sure two people from the forum actually did something like this a few years back, think they only managed to get it down to about £100 back then tho.

true.

bought it aswell and it worked a treat. only thing is you cant take it to a club and play there with this kinda thing as it introduced LOAADS of noise into you signalpath :/

apart from that its good. got it down to 2ms latency!

true.

bought it aswell and it worked a treat. only thing is you cant take it to a club and play there with this kinda thing as it introduced LOAADS of noise into you signalpath :/

apart from that its good. got it down to 2ms latency!

Awesome.

Ive been looking into investing in serato but its so fucking expensive and i dont even know if its for me yanno.

What parts did you use? How did you get it down to 3ms? Also what timecoded vinyl did you use?

I really wanna try it out but fuck shelling out for serato or traktor scratch right now.

bought a maya 44 usb and all the cables necessary, serato control vinyl and then downloaded mixxx (for free), set it up properly and worked out how fast my computer was :D

the thread is on here somewhere!!

If you are on a budget just type Iscratch (Intimidation) into ebay, google etc and you can get, programme, 2x vinyl, 2x cds, soundcard/interface for less than £90! Of course its no Traktor/Serato but does the job nearly as good for a fraction of the price (plus the green vinyl looks cool, haha)

Yes mate, i have it at the moment.

Its sick to be honest. Got it for £45 including postage from Why Buy New's ebay store.

Its definately no serato, but what do you expect eh. The latency is fine, its at 4ms at the moment and its perfect really.

To be honest, im dead happy with it. Like i say, no serato, but definately a good alternative if your on a tight budget.

Ive had problems getting the dvs to work with traktor or at the very least virtual dj, but i think its cos the box only has one phono preamp, meaning only one deck will work in traktor and vdj, but both work fine with the mixlive software?? which is weird, but fine.

Ive ordered some serato timecodes to see if it has any improvement in virtual dj, as i dont really like the mixlive software. Its alright, but the waveforms are next to each other, instead of above/beside each other like serato. Which is annoying, but its still very much usable. I'll record a video mix of me using it tomorrow so you can see.

Lookin forward to the video mix, think i'll go ahead and buy it though, how is the tracking and also the spinning back? And im guessin the B-stock stuff looks brand new?

Lookin forward to the video mix, think i'll go ahead and buy it though, how is the tracking and also the spinning back? And im guessin the B-stock stuff looks brand new?

Yeah ive recorded it, gonna whack it online soon. Just a little 10 minute thing so you can see how it is.

Tracking is fine, spinning back is alright, its definately not as good as on real vinyl but its fine. Yeah, what i got from why buy new just had a bit of a torn box, other than that it was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom