£300 to spend

Jackie Chan

I am getting some new deck. Have about £300 plus a little bit more if necessary.

What do people recommend and from where at the moment?

Tbh ur best off saving some more, anything u buy for that price will prob need replacing before u can say "is this how mistabishi does it"
that's just my opinion tho!

nah man you can get technics for that easy.; a hint on buying them though. have a search through ebay and seek out 1200's they are alot less popular but are exactly the same as the 1210s (except colour)

for example. these 1210s mk 2.. theres only 2 hours left.,. these will more than likely gor for much more but you can grab a pair of mk2s easy.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNICS-SL-1...ZUK_Mixers?hash=item1c0d6cb82c#ht_1408wt_1165

I bought 2x technics mk3's a pioneer djm 300 mixer, sony mdrv 700 headphone and a load of random dance tunes for 355 quid. bargain.

Sweet, will have a look, my mate bought some pre-owned.

Is there anything you should look out for as a tell tell sign that they might be buggered or on their way to getting buggered? The money is from my birthday so would be a shame to waste it if that was the case?

DEFFINATLY 2nd hand technics for 300quid mate! Got mine with a Numark DXM09 (2months old at the time worth £250 new) and they were 1210 mk2's. But 1200's are fine man. Unless you hate silver lol

Sweet, will have a look, my mate bought some pre-owned.

Is there anything you should look out for as a tell tell sign that they might be buggered or on their way to getting buggered? The money is from my birthday so would be a shame to waste it if that was the case?

best way to tell the age or wear of a 1210/1200 is to look at the platter. where the little knobles all the way around the edge.
if your lookin on ebay, you can only go off photos. but if you get hands on before you buy, look if the platter appears particularly warn, see if the pitch feels gritty.

best way to tell the age or wear of a 1210/1200 is to look at the platter. where the little knobles all the way around the edge.
if your lookin on ebay, you can only go off photos. but if you get hands on before you buy, look if the platter appears particularly warn, see if the pitch feels gritty.

he speaks the truth..

But generally if you're getting technics, they wont be buggered! Known to be built like tanks!

DJs are crackheads lol you can talk someone out of their 1200s for 300 lol... I got some for 300 US LOL which is like 190 UK just ask around when you go out and check out "craigslist" or the uk version.

Back
Top Bottom