£150..needles?

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
I'm willing to spend up to £150ish ( willing to spend more for a big improvement ) on a set of good ( finally ) needles.
Whats every1 recomendations? I won't be getting the shure white labels though after my mates needles being dodgy!!

If you like the sound of your mate's Whitelabels (before they went dodgy, lol) then get some Shure M35Xs. They use the same tip as the Whitelabel so they sound very similar, almost as good. They are a lot tougher though. Stanton 680s are highly rated too :)

Shure M44-7

shurem447.jpg

u will never need another needle again.

All about Ortofon mate. I live by them. Just get whichever ones in there range you like/think will be good for your style of djing. You will never look back!

...sounds awful. Good for scratching, bad for anything else.

disagree. recently went back to these from ortofon concorde e's and really noticed the difference. such a nice warm sounding bass, and the overall response from the eqs is better imo.

but you're probably right, seeing as you seem to know the most about these kinda things.

ive been through all sorts of needles/carts in the last 15 years! ive always brought different carts and needles each time the stylus needed replacing untill i got m447's! ive heard that the sound is not ment to be as good as others but ive tried most of the popular brands and i cant tell, i think they sound great!

...sounds awful. Good for scratching, bad for anything else.
That's actually complete bollocks man. I have these in my studio.

These has a high 9mv output and have rich warm low end and detailed highs. They also rarely skip - especially on dublpates which are heavier on the platter when cueing up.

Andy C has these at home because these are by far some of the best on the market. He's tried loads and found these the best overall.

The only needles that give these a run for the money are Ortofon Q-Bert's which have a 12mv output.

Andy C has these at home because these are by far some of the best on the market. He's tried loads and found these the best overall.

The only needles that give these a run for the money are Ortofon Q-Bert's which have a 12mv output.

speaks the truth! my mate used to work in dj empire and said he's sold the m447s to andy c and hype countless times before, and they kept on comming back because they loved them so much.

also, about the q-berts - we have them up force and they are terrific needles. took my deck up there the other week (with the m447 on) and the volume difference between needles was minimal.

when i used to take the nightclub e's up there i used to have to boost them about 3 or 4 on the gain to get anywhere near the q-berts.

and besides, the price is right on the m447s. can't go wrong.

I think I know which needles I'm going to be getting then, are these M44-7's better than Whitelables then?

I think I know which needles I'm going to be getting then, are these M44-7's better than Whitelables then?

Ez Scott, Ive had the whitelabels before and the M44-7's are actually better mate. They are cheaper too.

That's actually complete bollocks man. I have these in my studio.

These has a high 9mv output and have rich warm low end and detailed highs. They also rarely skip - especially on dublpates which are heavier on the platter when cueing up.

This, my friend, is complete bollocks. The output voltage has nothing to do with bass level. In fact, it has little to do with anything when coupled to a DJ mixer.

I agree that they have excellent tracking, that's why I said they are good for scratching. The ruggedness is good for live situations too. But then, M35Xs are almost as good.

They do have a nice warm, over-emphasised bass, but the treble is bad. Really bad. I sold mine years ago because they gave me a headache, no joke. Personally I'd rather buy a cart with good bass, mids and treble and then compensate at the amp, rather than put up with crap highs.

I was told that Andy C uses Whitelabels at home, but whatever. I wouldn't believe that either until I see it myself, tbh.

I ave Shure - Whitelabels. Been on my decks for nearly 2 years know... Havn't replaced the needles yet. Sound pretty sweet :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom