Yo Dawg heard you like to remix so we made a remix contest so you can remix your mix

Discussion in 'Production' started by msmith222, Mar 30, 2012.

1. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

The idea came up in another thread (about posting your crappy old tunes) to have a remix contest where you remix yourself. Take an old tune from when you were starting out and remix it (VIP it?). Start a soundcloud dropbox and post up the originals at the start of the contest, and the remixes at the end, most improvement wins. Could be a vote, could be judged, whatever.

I have to admit to not really having the time to moderate this, nor do I have any prizes to offer. If enough people are into this, is there like a forum protocol for setting this up?

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

Re: Yo Dawg heard you like to remix so we made a remix contest so you can remix your

that is a pretty good idea for a contest. funny thing is we did that last wednesday actually. no real protocol no, but it sounds fun.

3. Attire

Attire Last Winter

Re: Yo Dawg heard you like to remix so we made a remix contest so you can remix your

Probably be a good idea to wait for the current one to finish and be judged before all the setting up for this one happens.
    Should maybe think about how we are to choose which track to rework? Will it be the very first finished one that we have files for, or choosing one from the earliest we have...

I don't know :)

4. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

if the criteria is most improvement, people will be motivated to go back as far as they can.

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Problem is I'm still "startgin out"...

6. Attire

Attire Last Winter

Still hyped for this :p

7. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Hypest hype for this

8. Spectrum(BE)

Spectrum(BE) Member

cool idea! x) :)

9. dbjungle

dbjungle DJ Syklone

I'm up for this, I was already thinking of making a 2012 version of one of my 2009 tracks.

10. prettyherb

prettyherb Sorted Seizure

Yeh man cool idea, i'm in :)