What is your collections worth? (Discogs)

this one was interesting. all the shops had sold out and it seemed that not many people knew how to search through the back catalogue on surus. tanmushimushi up to his usual tricks and selling for £45 or something so everyone started selling theirs for a high price. i then wrote a comment and a link to the surus release page where you could still purchase for £6.49 and discogs deleted my comment. only then to find loads of people bought the release on surus and were then trying to flog them on on discogs for £20 still! so from one cunt overpricing this vinyl and difficulty using the surus site properly, this release has now become valuable. Tanmushimushi needs to be banned from discogs

i sold my spare copy of that for £22 on discogs. this was back in november.
when i originally listed it a few months before it was the cheapest one for sale. i couldn't believe it was going for so much. bonus.
if they had them in stock on surus, i feel quite bad for the guy who bagged it off me.

Where you fro DMZ007 for £40?

occasionally a load of valuable vinyl pops up on ebay cos the seller doesnt know about discogs or cant be bothered to wait for someone to buy. i got dmz007 with a slightly water damaged label for £40, dmz003+10+11 all for £100 and got a really nice copy of DMZ001 which was mary anne hobs' copy with her writing on the label, the release sheet and stickered sleeve for £59.99. i check ebay every day now for vinyl. never know what is gunna pop up

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200936050053

- - - Updated - - -

i was the only bidder on that aswell!

Median: £2,734.77

Need to up all of my collection to Discogs probably only half of it I have listed in my collection.

Some of the max prices paid for some stuff is ridiculous.
1984 - £63.60? I know its good but fucking hell.
Mob Justice Remix - £38.70? Some people have more money than sense...

And talking of Back to the Jungle the max price on mine says £39.83...if someone bought a fresh copy of Surus and sold it whoever bought has been robbed blind.

Minimum: £1,031.59 Median: £2,063.04 Maximum: £3,917.42

That is only about a 6th of my collection though. I have some pretty expensive tunes that aren't on there too.

another random discogs rant: http://www.discogs.com/Rockwell-Detroit-Back-Again/release/4732263

knew it'd be pretty valuable anyway but this is one example of profiteering, a listing came up on the day of release so i thought i'd check it out. deejay cable wrote 'massive ,bootybass electro influenced track, a must have!!!rockwell smashes it again!!!!!!!!' and then proceeds to whack his copy up for 60 quid. not exactly a must have if you're gonna sell it instantly.

and how is a 500 run of vinyl ltd edition? that's actually bigger than a normal run of vinyl in dnb

that is if you are selling the item elsewhere on another site, so you cant put an item up for £60 on discogs and then advertise the same item for £40 on ebay for example

- - - Updated - - -

true, in today's terms tho. i mean med school only pressed 130 of the new rawtekk album and i'd consider that worthy of the 'ltd edition' tag

Rawtekk - Photone Recruits !!!!

knowing this now i better buy a copy..

that is if you are selling the item elsewhere on another site, so you cant put an item up for £60 on discogs and then advertise the same item for £40 on ebay for example

- - - Updated - - -

Rawtekk - Photone Recruits !!!!

knowing this now i better buy a copy..

first 50 signed ones are gone now, i'd get in there quick tbh!

This is only a few months of buying vinyl... so much spent already.

Minimum - £306.15
Median - £392.19
Maximum - £559.83

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom