uno when u just dnt know what to think of the tune ur making...

Discussion in 'Production' started by EvezDroppin, Dec 7, 2010.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

i seem to be getting it a lot lately, never realy sure if i like it or not :/

well i figured instead of watsing my time if people arent feeling it at all id be cheeky and stick up a ridiculously small clip... give me brutal honesty, if u think its shite and unimaginative say so i need someone elses ears on this i dnt know what to think
    :cheerlead

2. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

pretty good man. the bass needs more crunch/mid.

or at least define it more. it's naaaice!

3. djdevz

djdevz Member

i think its pretty good man

*imo*

snare is a bit weak as a sound but is maybe pushing through the mix too much..not really sure but it sounds a lil off to me
    kick could have slightly more punch to it
    a bit of air to ur hi hats could bring it out a lil

both bass synths are real nice but i reckon some more defined percussion like beeps, cowbells etc would make is sound more rhythmic.

tbh im no pro in this subgenre of dnb but production wise its deffo a good start

4. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

lots of potential here mate, i think the reason your not suer about the vibe is because your drums arent punching you enough. they just need some more low mids, personally i would compress and boost the snare to shit around 250hz or whatever takes ur fancy and find a different kick. thats just me anyway. something to make ya head bop a bit more while your working on it

5. ~CriticalWaves~

~CriticalWaves~ Member

I think youve got a good start here man i dig your bass line, but yea i agree with lucid compress your kick and snare and up the drums a little bit. Also im unsure about your intro synth i like it but it sounds a little stale imo maybe eq it a little better and get some more feel out of it or layer another pad/atmos under it..

6. EvezDroppin

:p
    yeah see now i was happy with the drums, but after you saying about the kick and snare not being heavy enough i totally agree!!!

cheers lads, low punchy snares are my achilles heal, never seem to get them sounding right!

7. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Sounds pretty sick mate, go on! :D

8. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Regardless of whether you think other people will like your tune or not, you should continue making it anyway, screw what everyone else thinks, thats where it's creative or not :D

9. EvezDroppin

yeah uno ur right there roadrunner, but it is demoralising if someones like nahh dnt like that, obviously different tunes for different tastes, never going to please everyone, but a few times i have thought a track is pretty heavy then i show one of my mates n it barely even gets a response, maybe even a yeah... thats cool ( as in im too nice to say its shit )