To all djs - what format do u use?

DJ's what format u rinsing when ya playing out?

• Total voters
Vinyl. Cd's have obvious benefits, but you just can't play with a cd like vinyl, you just can't hold it and touch it like you can with vinyl.

:finger2: cd's except for dubs and your own tunes!!!
It's all about vinyl, you can touch, feel it, you can see the layout of the tune (drop, breakdown etc) in the groove so you can line up mixes, you can mix quickly an efficiently with ultimate control.
Cd's also sound brittle in my opinion, not warm like vinyl.

Due to my location, vinyl is increasingly hard to obtain at the moment, especially for those need-right-now tunes that knock about every now again, so i've been forced into downloading mp3s and ripping them to cd. Which is working about very cheap and easier to carry from place to place. :D
My appreciation for cd's is growing, but vinyl will always be my preferred weapon of choice.

call me a purist but me loves the vynil!

use my tt's for all my dnb
but spin some other shit at my youthclub with cds, don't like it one bit to spin with, but it's the cds or nothing so...

Have droped Vinyl and CDj since this summer (well still play a little bit, but once I've copied everything I want that'l b that), totally bored of mixing a couple of choons together and thats it, I cant scratch, well I play mostly tekno/trance anyway, not allot of call for it, although I've seen a few sets with peeps doin it, and itz wikid, but anyway I cant do it, and I'm more interesting in playing on the keyboard anywayz

I use Ableton Live! 5 now, being able to Dj, produce and remix on the fly is a dream come true, hooking everything up thru a couple of Midi Controllers, gives you complete control, so you can spend your time making music, rather than keep a track in time, people often tell me thats cheating, but bollox, I spend hours setting up all my choons before hand so they are ready to drop into a mix when I need them, I can then concetrate on remixing and playing stuff live (synths/fx/samples)

Pioner CDj1000's are great fun to play with tho, almost gives you as much control as live, but still not enough, and still not the ability to run all my VST's and midi controllers...so Live! it is :2thumbs:

I never play Mp3's thru a sound system tho, the sound is to muddy for me, even at high bit rates 300+ (imo)

sparkyc10 said:
currently just using 1210s, but will be picking up one of those new technics cd decks (which ive been lusting after for ages) so looking forward to using that soon as well. :2thumbs:

If its not to late to say, I highly recomend the Pioneer CDj1000's over the Technics, for features and stability, I havent personally used the Technics CDj, but Dj's I know that have really dont like them compared to the Pioneer series, this of course may be down to what they are used to, but I love the Pioneer's myself aswell! really nice to work with :cool:

Dj_Fozzybear said:
:finger2: cd's except for dubs and your own tunes!!!
It's all about vinyl, you can touch, feel it, you can see the layout of the tune (drop, breakdown etc) in the groove so you can line up mixes, you can mix quickly an efficiently with ultimate control.
Cd's also sound brittle in my opinion, not warm like vinyl.

My seconds m8 :beers:

miszt said:
If its not to late to say, I highly recomend the Pioneer CDj1000's over the Technics, for features and stability, I havent personally used the Technics CDj, but Dj's I know that have really dont like them compared to the Pioneer series, this of course may be down to what they are used to, but I love the Pioneer's myself aswell! really nice to work with :cool:

i appreciate yout comments. due to a lack of money i havn't managed to pick up a cd deck yet. i've tested the pioneer as well as technics but only used both for a short amount of time. i think i preffered the technics just because it feels almost the same as using vinyl and since i don't have a lot of cd deck experience that could be the reason i preferred it. i might see if i can get hold of a pioneer for a while before i make a decision. thanks for your comments :2thumbs:

If you ever mixed with a real dubplate then in comparrison CD's are much easier,(dubplates have metal in the middle, cruchy on the outside teef breaking on the inside.) CD's don't smell of babyoil..so if you want that smell cuz ya twisted in the hed...get some baby oil damit:gimp: :dutty: :missile:

in the past ive never liked the idea of mixing with anything but vinyal, ive always thought using cd only and programs like final scratch takes the point out of mixing, my prefered setup is 2 turntables + 1 cd deck, and i only realy use the cd deck to rinse out my own stuff!:respekt:

started out with some decent stanton T120c's, behringer vmx300 mixer, dell e1705 laptop with traktor. im still waiting for my behringer bcd-2000 to use as a laptop control...

Back
Top Bottom