Sub bass advise/help

its purely subjective tbh, we all have a different low freq we respond to better, and that also changes within different listening enviroments
Well, yes it does. But wouldn't the sub notes you use be in key with the rest of the song? I mean: root, 3rd, 4th or 5th (this means perfects and not dissonants)? I always believed that sub needed to follow the notes from the same scale/mode you're using for the rest of the song.

Well, yes it does. But wouldn't the sub notes you use be in key with the rest of the song? I mean: root, 3rd, 4th or 5th (this means perfects and not dissonants)? I always believed that sub needed to follow the notes from the same scale/mode you're using for the rest of the song.

yeah, unless you are going for something a bit weird sounding/discordant, yeah you would have the sub following the key of the track

yeah, unless you are going for something a bit weird sounding/discordant, yeah you would have the sub following the key of the track
So, for things under the normality of pressure and heat, we basically dismissed Russla post? Not that it was my intention originally, but that really raised the doubt flag for me.

So, for things under the normality of pressure and heat, we basically dismissed Russla post? Not that it was my intention originally, but that really raised the doubt flag for me.

not entirely, the 50hz does get quoted allot, I think it is based on something statistical ..but stats don't tell the whole story

we also have to remember that tracks get played at different speeds when performed, so putting the effort into maintain a particular freq is a bit pointless, coz it will be changed by the DJ, unless they happen to be playing everything at Zero pitch (or they have pitch lock on a cdj)

not entirely, the 50hz does get quoted allot, I think it is based on something statistical ..but stats don't tell the whole story

we also have to remember that tracks get played at different speeds when performed, so putting the effort into maintain a particular freq is a bit pointless, coz it will be changed by the DJ, unless they happen to be playing everything at Zero pitch (or they have pitch lock on a cdj)
Yeah, I thought about this when I asked as well. To me, there's no point on locking the sub on a single frequency, but I think that afterall it comes to taste. I like my subs as I like my women: full of curves and ups and downs. meaning: melody.

Pull it together Liz, I was obviously talking about the key of f and g not just the notes you tit.

ill be as agro as necessary bodo, espesh when you right such waffle as asking if a whole song just has G-G-G-G-G-G sub notes ...Tsk to you old boy, tsk.

:teeth:

Back
Top Bottom