studio discussion/pictures thread

e2Y1vmH.jpg

Figured I'd resurrect this thread! My Sherman just arrived :D, and it's a blast.

yes >:} the wait was worth it though.
But I wouldn't recommend this thing for everyone it's very.. strange.
So you kinda need to make strange music to make the most out of it.

My setup:

Shitty Samsung Laptop that can´t even process kickdrum without lagging
Garbage 10 quid "monitors"
ATH M-50 cans

Who´s jelly now?

setup_oct_2014.jpg

Here's where I'm at right now.
2x Rokit 6, Gen 3
5 yr old MacBook 13"
20" Dell secondary (found this on top of a garbage can 4 years ago, still works perfect lol)
Novation Impulse 61 Keyboard
Traktor S4
SM57+58 mics + a bunch of other stuff from the 80's I adopted from someone
Focal Spirit Pro Headphones + some other $30 Sony things beside em (need me some senns)
Tascam cassette 4-track
i have an Akai LPD8 kicking around somewhere..

'87 Squire Strat, Squire Bass, Jackson Dinky guitars
gorgeous-super-ultra-high-tech guitar stand that is also a speaker stand that is also binders
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier rect-o-verb amp
Some Fender Bullet 15W amp that has an amazing spring reverb built into it
textbook laptop and monitor stands

You wouldn't be referring to my setup when you way narrow would you?

It a case of make the best with what you've got imo. Looking at yours id say it almost is a 60deg triangle based on your listening position but get ya tape measure out and check.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiris for example is extremely too far apart for accurate production purposes. N.B the speakers in my pic a few pages back have been moved in considerably to get the 60degs angle

It a case of make the best with what you've got imo. Looking at yours id say it almost is a 60deg triangle based on your listening position but get ya tape measure out and check.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiris for example is extremely too far apart for accurate production purposes. N.B the speakers in my pic a few pages back have been moved in considerably to get the 60degs angle

Narrow or wide as long as the listener is the right distance away it shouldnt matter how narrow or wide they are, mine is setup correctly, gopro wide shot may make it look a bit funny though :p

Back
Top Bottom