Specter - So True (First time Liquid DNB work in progress)

JSpecter

Something I've been working on over the last few days or so. I'd hit a point where I had lost all motivation to attempt to make the music I have so much love for but when the All Blue EP arrived on my doorstep I thought to myself what have I got to lose.

I'm still in the beginner stages of production where my brain has the vibe but my skills can't help me create it, I am trying my best to complete one track as I always end up starting and stopping 20% in.

Any feedback on the bassline (one of my weak points) the drums and any l;levels or anything else beneficial as I've heard it over 100 times now and think my brains actually getting numb.

Thanks again guys!

The idea is definitely there, that sax is lovely, also those chords and vocal... (where'd you get that little vocal stab? I can never find decent stuff :D I mean the female voice, not the male)
In the track it's mostly the kick. It's too loud and sounds off, too punchy and not enough bass in there.

The idea is definitely there, that sax is lovely, also those chords and vocal... (where'd you get that little vocal stab? I can never find decent stuff :D I mean the female voice, not the male)
In the track it's mostly the kick. It's too loud and sounds off, too punchy and not enough bass in there.

Thanks dude! I got it from a sample pack that has a bunch, I'm not at home at the moment but when I get in I'll hit you up the name of it. I've completely reworked the kick now and experimenting with different basslines. Cheers for taking the time to have a listen!

Finding gems like this is the reason I joined this forum. Incredible work, and already 100% better than the majority of the tunes that get posted on here, depsite the fact that it can be improved further.
You've clearly got a vibe going, which is what the music's all about.
From a critical point of view, I'd say that you need to stick a more solid sine wave under the bassline that doesn't decay as much in volume over time (tweak the ADSR a bit). If you feel the speaker cone for the sub while the tunes playing I think you will know what I mean (just my opinion though and it sounds rather nice regardless).
The kicks a bit loud and I'd add some variation to the percussion after a bit (though this is obviously a WIP).
The percussion and flow of this tune is briliant, and the atmospheres and jazzy vibes are class.
Biggup man, I'd love to chat production with you sometime :)

Finding gems like this is the reason I joined this forum. Incredible work, and already 100% better than the majority of the tunes that get posted on here, depsite the fact that it can be improved further.
You've clearly got a vibe going, which is what the music's all about.
From a critical point of view, I'd say that you need to stick a more solid sine wave under the bassline that doesn't decay as much in volume over time (tweak the ADSR a bit). If you feel the speaker cone for the sub while the tunes playing I think you will know what I mean (just my opinion though and it sounds rather nice regardless).
The kicks a bit loud and I'd add some variation to the percussion after a bit (though this is obviously a WIP).
The percussion and flow of this tune is briliant, and the atmospheres and jazzy vibes are class.
Biggup man, I'd love to chat production with you sometime :)

Thanks man really appreciate it. Bass in general is my weak point but I've been working myself to the bone a few hours a day experimenting with basslines (thicker mainly as the one I had was lacking a lot of body) and with mid-bass.

The touching the speaker cone was a great tip I thank you for that as I had never really thought of using it but I had seen quite a few producers do this during tutorials. I've changed the kick now to a better one in my opinion and completed about 3/4 of the tune so far.

I'm a huge Jazz fan and absolutely love the vibes that come from it, it's good to see people love this sound as well as it drives me more to keep on the ball!

I'm definitely up for talking about production and just general waffle, gimme a heads up when you wanna talk!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom