Official DNB Forum Remix Compo

@Menosance, I was just kidding, man. I'm sure that all you have to be done are pretty dope, as your stuff tend to be!

Yesterday I started the sample selection from the movie Jacob's Ladder. It's pretty hard to know what to use when you have a 1 hour and 50 minute wav file with lots of dialogues and sounds that could be used as percussion.

Yeah don't worry lad :)

Yes that is the thing about this comp having a 2 hr movie and not knowing what to extract from it.

Me too. Movies are movies, not games or TV shows.

But..but...cutscenes in games are kinda movies too (and Im working on one tune with samples from Starcraft II :D)

Anyway, count me in as well! I hope this time I will really finish the track :)

But..but...cutscenes in games are kinda movies too (and Im working on one tune with samples from Starcraft II :D)

Anyway, count me in as well! I hope this time I will really finish the track :)
They are kinda movies, but aren't in fact. Unless you sample some old point and click adventure games that use live action, like Phantasmagoria or The Beast Within (those are valid, imo). Good luck ripping the audio from them, though.

Good feelings about this comp, nice job IV4. Haven't made a tune in ages but I've hammered out 64 bars already:boom:

I'm just sayin' we got some heavy weight competitors so everybody better show up with a good track. :)
Also, my first attempt is a complete failure. :(

I'm just sayin' we got some heavy weight competitors so everybody better show up with a good track. :)
Also, my first attempt is a complete failure. :(

Don't worry, my first was a failure also. Guess I'm gonna change my focus from full fledged 174bpm futuristic-cannibal-dark-resonating-skull-step-from-hell to a downtempo-tech-step-minimal-groove-ambient-styled-gore-rotten-thingy.

Guys whats the best way to get high quality movie samples? Buy the original soundtracks?
Try getting the full hd mp4 file and open it into a video editor. It'll separate the file into video and audio, and probably the audio will be split into soundtrack and dialogue. That happened to me, as I posted here a while ago. I got the mp4 file and opened it into Sony Vegas, deleted the video and soundtrack files and exported only the dialogue (plus other audio FX and ambiance) as wav.

Try getting the full hd mp4 file and open it into a video editor. It'll separate the file into video and audio, and probably the audio will be split into soundtrack and dialogue. That happened to me, as I posted here a while ago. I got the mp4 file and opened it into Sony Vegas, deleted the video and soundtrack files and exported only the dialogue (plus other audio FX and ambiance) as wav.

Ah alright i think ableton can do that as well if i remember correctly. Cheers mate!

Mv4 movie file that I have does not like being put into any program that I have to extract audio!

2nd choice movie has served up a gem of a sample.....:rasta:

Back
Top Bottom