Monitors...

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by hyperd4eva, Mar 21, 2011.

1. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva DJ BUSTER

Looking to get some monitors off dj finance .com

Anyone had any trouble with the website in the past? other than the obviouse not paying when u should etc..

Also the KRK's are what im looking into. What cable to you need in order to connect them to your mixer? looked at the back of them and couldnt work it out. Also is there braqckets available to wall mount them?

Thanks in advance

2. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Shoudn't this go in Production?
    [/smartass]

3. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva DJ BUSTER

Not quite sure! :/

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

bump

4. gcurt1s

gcurt1s Buried Audio

i got rokit 5's i think. sound is quality, pretty spot on but what i would say is if you do mix on them, dont crank them up full way for long periods of time cus they cant handle it at all

5. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva DJ BUSTER

Thanks mate.. to be honest its morwe for the sound quality than the loudness im after. i live in a flat so cant really bump it anyway. but my speakers are ancient and just sound so gash! do they sound alright at a reasonable level? also are they easy to set up?

6. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

nah coz he wants to mix on them !! not the usual request lol, atleast u can say fuck acoustics and flat responses, i would just be getting a bass heavy system

7. gcurt1s

gcurt1s Buried Audio

yeah the sound quality is perfect at a decent level. starts clipping at higher levels though. easy to set up twin phono goes in the mixer then connect one phono to one speaker and one to the other

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

yeah tbh this, wouldnt advise mixing on them at all

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva DJ BUSTER

OK cool thanks mate. One more thing! are they easy to set up with a pc?

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

so they no good for mixing on? thats primerily what id be using them for.

9. sparkdatzoot

sparkdatzoot Member

Dunno what power your after, but I've had alesis active monitors, can't remember name by hand, 250w. Great little things for flat/bedroom . Good quality and pretty good price. Red and White on mixer to one red on left or right and White vice versa. Safe

10. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

nah they are good for mixing on mate. its just that those kind of speakers are custom-ed towards the creation of music + i havnt used KRK before so i cant vouch but im sure they do the trick and i have seen people using them for mixing before in pictures on hre im sure

11. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

I use mine for mixing and find them pretty good to be honest. I do run my mixer through my pc speakers as well though, which has a sub involved. Don't always use that though.

12. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

I was thinking bout some KRK's too, they seem to get pretty good reviews and seem fairly all round. Would the conclusion be that they are perfectly fine to mix with, and if not, what would be a decent reccomendation for a simalar sort of price?