Drum & Bass MicroKorg vs Arturia MicroBrute

Discussion in 'Production' started by theejaydnb, Dec 24, 2013.

1. theejaydnb

theejaydnb New Member

Hey everyone!

So i need a little advice about choosin' between MicroKorg and Arturia MicroBrute - I can get them for the same price at the moment.

any pro's and con's bout both items are appreciated :)

thanks,

cheers! tj

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I have the minibrute and LOVE IT. I bought some special patching cables that allow me to "stack" the routines, leaving endless possibilities. I also like the fact that it takes up a very small footprint on my desk. The sequencer is a nice touch as well. In the interest of full disclosure, I've only briefly demoed a Microkorg so I can't say one is better than the other. What I will say is 100% analog is always a big plus in my book. :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  3. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

I'd probably go for the Minibrute. The Microkorg is quite flexible but a pain in the arse to program compared to most other stuff I've used.

4. alz

alz compress to impress

yeh I'd go with the microbrute, also keep an eye out for second hand ms20's, they go for real cheap.

5. Pauldavid

Pauldavid Member

I have both and their pretty different choices...mikrokorg has a lot more things to it..like detuning oscillators and fx etc...also can be used with your computer to make programming easier...
    Minibrute has cv ins and outs and is a full analog synth ..which is great if you want a cheap mono synth ..works as a pretty decent midi controller also with after touch etc...apart from the knobs aren't able to control or be controlled by midi..apart from pitchbend and mod wheel..
    If I had to choose which one over the other probably the mikrokorg just for the fact that you can get more sound variety from it..