Korg Radias!!!

Discussion in 'Production' started by Nomme, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Nomme

Nomme Member

I'm around my mates flat now. Fucking around with his Radias and I just had an eargasm. All I've got to say is that, hardware synths are a good investment and they are endless!!!

I've never had experience on a proper hardware synth like this before and I must just say that it is incredible...

If you've never heard of it before. Check out the bad boy:
    http://www.korg.co.uk/products/pro_keyboard/radias/pk_radias.asp

I'm now going to save up for a hardware synth or two :gang_bang

2. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Yeah, she's wicked... I've had one since they came out. The filters are really slick and smooth.

MOSS technology is the best thing Korg ever put forth (another company actually designed it, I forget the name atm), and the Radias has the key elements from MOSS as far as recreating Analog sounds goes. It's a digital sound overall, always has been, going from the Z1 to the MOSS boards for the Triton to the Radias... but it's a very, very powerful sound and has 'lots' of possibilities.

If you're in love with the Radias... I suggest you get a hold of a Z1 loaded up with all 18 voices (if you're lucky enough to find one with the expansion)... 12 voices will suffice though, trust me. Best digital filters I've ever heard.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/z1.php

One of the best Synthesizers ever made.... easily one of the top 10 Digital Synths of all time imo.

3. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

I picked up my Z1 w/the Voice Expansion on Ebay for around $1100, and the unit was untouched... I was lucky enough to find a guy that 'only' ran midi through it... he literally never played the keyboard or messed with the knobs or buttons.

Honestly... if I had to choose between the Radias and the Z1, lol... I'd pick the Z1 in a heartbeat - it has WAY more capabilities and different kinds of synthesis, BUT... the Z1 is a beast to program.. you've got to know what you're doing.