I remixed soul 2 soul

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Hi Everybody,
I remixed this track and it was a ton of fun and a pain in the ass. Many parts just came together while I struggled with other parts, like the b-line, to get correct. I am very proud of the bass and drums but I could not get them completely. Eventually, I just reached the point of the best I could do and needed to give up. If you could please take a minute and tell me what you like and don't like and what I could do better I would appreciate your time.

As usual if you have any question on how I did something just ask I would be happy to give a detailed explanation.

Nice ideas! The drums and the other sounds are good, mix is sounding good too.

Only slight criticism is imo theres too many vocals in the first half of the tune. Other that that I like it, good stuff mate!

Im surprised how clear those vocal still cut enough through the mix, trough that bass and drums!
I kinda agree with the comment above on the vocals, but on the other hand, it still works.

But I can't really comment on anything else, great work!

Nice ideas! The drums and the other sounds are good, mix is sounding good too.

Only slight criticism is imo theres too many vocals in the first half of the tune. Other that that I like it, good stuff mate!
That is why there is a second version with less vocals in the front of the track. Quick question are the vocals phasing to much at the beginning? On some systems it sounds fine to me but on other systems the vocals sounds,...weird? Thank you for your time and critique.

There is a bit of phasing going on, but its only noticeable if you are listening for it.

Try inverting the phase on one of the vocals if you have doubled them up.

nice track mate liking it a lot, the only thing is the vocals at the beginning are a bit much and personally I would cut the vocals out on the drop but that's just me being a nit picking little bitch haha big up man!!

Im surprised how clear those vocal still cut enough through the mix, trough that bass and drums!
I kinda agree with the comment above on the vocals, but on the other hand, it still works.

But I can't really comment on anything else, great work!
Thank you!

nice track mate liking it a lot, the only thing is the vocals at the beginning are a bit much and personally I would cut the vocals out on the drop but that's just me being a nit picking little bitch haha big up man!!
i know but the vocals, are also a main focus of the track for me. I wanted to make a badass track with vocals I love.

I'm digging the midrange bass, it's cool as fuck. However when the drums kick in, it seams to be fighting for space with the vocals. Other than that I think the track sounds pretty solid!

hope this doesnt dishearten you but id just lose the vocals altogether. it might work for house and garage but that nasty little dnb riddim you got going on doesnt fit with the vocals imo lol the drop was good but like someone else said not with the vocals. id just leave them out altogether:)

hope this doesnt dishearten you but id just lose the vocals altogether. it might work for house and garage but that nasty little dnb riddim you got going on doesnt fit with the vocals imo lol the drop was good but like someone else said not with the vocals. id just leave them out altogether:)
To your comment about disheartening, Never!!!! honest feedback is the best feedback. I am especially glad you left me some too because I think I hurt your feelings with the comment I left you on your track. It has been a forum principal to try and leave an honest feedback on people's tracks instead of just writing "cool track mate check out mine." I feel and I know it to be true, that by being honest with each other is the best way we can improve. It does not mean we should sling shit at each other, but we should leave constructive feedback. If people did not tell me what they like and disliked about my tracks, I would still be making the same shitty tunes I made when I started.

wow i love it! that midrange is killer and the drums, whew!

the only criticism is that i agree with what was said above, that the vocals do seem to be fighting for space when you have that midrange bass and drums going as well. but i'm listening through ear buds at work, so take that with a grain of salt, not an ideal monitoring scenario. but then again, maybe some of your other listeners may be listening to it through regular ear buds as well. the vocals sound fine during the phase where the midrange is lowpassed and no drums. maybe during the phases with midrange bass + drums you can edit the vocals, chop it up to vowels and drop those little vowel bits into the intervals where where the midrange bass takes quick breaks or dips into the lower frequencies, freeing up those upper and midrange frequencies for some quick vocal bits. or do some edits so that the midrange wobbles with a pitchbend that drops it to lower frequencies (do some lowpassing too), freeing up time for an edit of quick vocals before the midrange bass kicks back in again. basically just whatever creative editing of the arrangement to jump back and forth between the 2 rather than all going at once. just my .02

personally i love it and wouldn't sweat it that much cuz it's still absolutely amazing work

Last edited:
I like it tbh, just as it is, with vocals added. Mix is quite well made actually. Not much criticism from tbh since it is executed brilliantly.If I had to criticize one thing is that the snares and hihats are a bit too crunchy to my liking but this personal taste in the end. Another brilliant job!

Back
Top Bottom