DJ Fresh

Moskit

:rodigan:
A lot of trash talk has been said about Fresh since his change in direction musically, what with his return to his old haunts with Bad Company recently...

But I read this on his facebook this morning & thought it needed sharing, no matter what your opinion is of him/his music, when somebody speaks so openly & honestly, with such passion about what they do, in the face of some pretty messed up shit as he describes, you have to have a huge amount of respect for him, even if you're not feeling the output, but as a human being...

Inspirational words tbh...

DJ Fresh
[URL='https://www.facebook.com/djfresh/posts/10154118753585275']17 hrs
·
Facebook Mentions
·
So .. Where do I begin
I have to get this out of my system.

I feel like I've spend my adult life trying to supress my opinions about pretty much everything.. Trying to walk the line between expressing myself without offending or upsetting anyone

So anyway. I found out a few weeks ago I had thyroid cancer. I didn't want to say anything because I've been told it's a bad idea to air anything that makes you look unstable in any way. This industry.. Surprising as it would have been to me as a kid marvelling how a human being can tell a story about a flight of bumblebees using sound.. The music industry is brutal and relentless and unforgiving. And as much of a corrupt corporate structure as any we read about in the news.

It pits those that failed against those than succeeded in a never ending and uneasy cycle fed by ego and often drugs

You guys however are the beautiful and innocent truth which it attempts to please in order to feed itself

And some of us want to be that dream that you guys have when you listen to the beauty of the universe and it's symmetry in the crude human attempts to reveal it through vibration, rhythm and verse

Have you noticed how so many of us accept more and more than there is no such thing as coincidence... we are all part of one living breathing all encompassing being.. All human suffering is a result of our inability to understand and accept this.

Today the surgeon who operated on me told me that radioactive thyroid treatment is a 'magic bullet'.. He used that phrase several times

He didn't know that as I waited in the weeks before my operation I spent most of the time singing and writing a song called 'Magic Bullet'

Before the release of Gold dust I nearly jacked in making music and my mum told me to read Pablo Coelho's the alchemist in which two brothers are digging for gold. One gives up just before the others spade touched gold ... And guess which track came along and changed everything for me

Music is what connects us to the fabric of the universe. Allows us to feel order and chaos and reflect upon what we are, in strength and weakness

I've been warned that if promoters get wind of this they won't want to book me (because my future value is damaged perhaps..? Because I might miss gigs)

I want you guys to know this.. This is the second time I've faced cancer.. My prognosis is very very positive and I'm now in remission.

It's going to take a fuck load more than that to stop me being in front of you on stage realising the blessing that you have given me.. Giving me the chance to entertain you and give that back to you guys. Even if I have to crawl onto stage I will be there and I will never let you down .. You can trust and rely on me to do everything in my power to do my absolute best

It is such an honour to be the person you guys have given me the platform to be

I want you to know how much I care and how hard I work to deliver what I believe to be music that is as close to perfect as I can get it

Love you all.. Thanks for your wishes through this rather wack time. I will be at all upcoming commitments.. Though this next couple of weeks I might be a little bit less hyperactive than usual

[/URL]
https://www.facebook.com/djfresh/?fref=nf

I want you to know how much I care and how hard I work to deliver what I believe to be music that is as close to perfect as I can get it
fair play... whatever anyone thinks of fresh's stuff (and I'm not a fan tbh) you cant really doubt the sincerity in that statement.

hope he pulls through.

Big up Fresh and get well soon
Escape To Planet Monday was one of albums that got me into this music in the first place

I complain about him making pop music all the time but only because I think he was a great loss to the underground scene..

Hope he gets well soon!

Back
Top Bottom