DnB Chill out Drum and Bass, what do you think?

This is a nice little roller of a tune. I'd say the drop lacks some impact because either the drums are too quiet or the FX before it is too loud.
Really like atmospheres and the 'live' sounding percussion on this one.

Thanks for the feedback, I have been playing around with the mastering for quite a long time because I didn't want the drums to stick out too much, same goes for the bass, I still think the low end is too strong, what do you think?

I will have a look at the drop and rework it.

I like the intro, hi-hats sound clean. the build up I like and the drop works well but it felt a little empty once it had dropped. I like how clean and classy the break is but I'd say something with a little more energy behind it (Like an old amen with a high pass thrown on it with some little chops and edits) would go down a treat. The bassline is very soft aswell I would beef it up and maybe around the 2minute mark introduce a new element to the bassline like a very subtle reese or some techy bits at the end or beginning of every 16. The piano that comes in eventually sounded a little flat (un-natural) so I'd say all it needs is a little more bottom end chopped off and a larger room on the reverb.

Enjoyed it regardless and can see what kind of vibe you're going for!

I like the intro, hi-hats sound clean. the build up I like and the drop works well but it felt a little empty once it had dropped. I like how clean and classy the break is but I'd say something with a little more energy behind it (Like an old amen with a high pass thrown on it with some little chops and edits) would go down a treat. The bassline is very soft aswell I would beef it up and maybe around the 2minute mark introduce a new element to the bassline like a very subtle reese or some techy bits at the end or beginning of every 16. The piano that comes in eventually sounded a little flat (un-natural) so I'd say all it needs is a little more bottom end chopped off and a larger room on the reverb.

Enjoyed it regardless and can see what kind of vibe you're going for!

Thank you very much for the specific input, I very much appreciate such specific recommendations! :)
The idea with the break is really good, something I never did use, even though I know it's common practice. It's time to go fiddle with the track some more.

Thank you very much for the specific input, I very much appreciate such specific recommendations! :)
The idea with the break is really good, something I never did use, even though I know it's common practice. It's time to go fiddle with the track some more.

No worries dude! I'm happy to help. Yeah have a look around I know there's tons of break packs about. I usually use old Jazz breaks or RnB ones! Keep the thread updated when you make changes.

Also if you have time could you feedback on my tune aswell? Cheers !

No worries dude! I'm happy to help. Yeah have a look around I know there's tons of break packs about. I usually use old Jazz breaks or RnB ones! Keep the thread updated when you make changes.

Also if you have time could you feedback on my tune aswell? Cheers !

I will gladly have a listen, but where can I find em?

Ok guys, I have taken your advice and done some rework on this track (replaced it on soundcloud)

I have added some breaks, the breaks with HP before the drop and adjusted the piano with more reverb. I have also cut the sub a bit and oushed the volume up.

So I would really appreciate if you could let me know if the changes are good!

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom