Burning CD's?

Solace

VIP Junglist
So, usually I use USBs to play. But I've had a few problems with those when I try to plug em in. Some songs just don't want to play, one time a usb was corrupted (oh yea, that was fun), so I feel CD's are just a safer bet.

But. How do I get round burning these things? I've heard iTunes is bad because first it converts the tracks to 192 kbps files. Anyone has a safe bet for a program?

And second thing, howmuch tunes do you put on a CD? I've seen people put them full, but that just doesn't seem usefull to me, or I'd had loads of tunes double.
And how to you categorize them? Right now my tunes are per key, then subgenre.

So any tips of this whole thing would be very usefull

Oh damn, sorry... I did use the search, but I didn't use the correct words.. Thanks!

Yea, a buddy sent me a snapchat a while a ago and my eye caught [192 kpbs] I asked him about it and he said that

BTW. I just noticed I posted this in production, my bad, should've been in that dj sub.... My head isn't really on point today

Sorry to sorta hijack this thread, but I bought some Verbatim rewritable cd's to put my bounced WAV mixdowns on to check on my car stereo, but the WAV's won't play? they come back as just a bunch of shitty white noise :(

Anyone know the reason for this? The car stereo supports WAV, and plays original cds and mp3's fine. The tracks also play fine on my computer, so not sure why the burned WAV's are not working.

A lot of CD players have real troubles with rewriteable CDs. Actually a lot of CD writers can have trouble with rewritables that haven't been burned on the same manufacturers CD writer.

Personally I stopped using rewriteables about 10 years ago due to those difficulties.

I'd advise trying again with just plain old vanilla CD-Rs.

Sorry to sorta hijack this thread, but I bought some Verbatim rewritable cd's to put my bounced WAV mixdowns on to check on my car stereo, but the WAV's won't play? they come back as just a bunch of shitty white noise :(

Anyone know the reason for this? The car stereo supports WAV, and plays original cds and mp3's fine. The tracks also play fine on my computer, so not sure why the burned WAV's are not working.
What Slapped said, and in addition:
Can the car stereo handle the sample rate and bit depth you bounce to?

What Slapped said, and in addition:
Can the car stereo handle the sample rate and bit depth you bounce to?

Well I bounce at 44.1/16-bit so I would assume it can handle that. Plus it plays professional cd's which have WAV's on just fine, unless theres some extra process which professional cd's get that I'm not aware of.

Yea, a buddy sent me a snapchat a while a ago and my eye caught [192 kpbs] I asked him about it and he said that

You can definitely change that in the burning CD settings

When I used to use CDs I started out burning like 3 or 4 tunes to one disc but then found it much easier and less time consuming to burn as many as possible onto one disc then make a copy

Are you burning as audio or a file? Cos it won't read files generally, use iTunes or similar to burn an audio cd using the wavs.

Well I bounce at 44.1/16-bit so I would assume it can handle that. Plus it plays professional cd's which have WAV's on just fine, unless theres some extra process which professional cd's get that I'm not aware of.

Back
Top Bottom