Beginner: Which Software is the best for me?

mAEx

Hey guys,

I'm a 15year old boy from germany, so my english is not the best ^^
I would like to make house music, drum'n'bass, dubstep, so better said i would like to make electronic music ^^

I have a DEMO version of Cubase le 6 from a german keyboard magazine
But I'm not sure if this is the best programme for me..
Shall I take an other programm for producing?
If I should take another please tell me which programme

I hope you could understand me, haha :lol:
Greets mAEx

Check out Reaper. It's free, it's easy and it's really powerful. :)

the only downside is that it's not as well known as the other programs (cubase, reason, ableton, logic) so there isn't as much resources for it available (tutorials etc).

Last edited:
Hey.. Everything seems a bit tricky at first, so maybe get a demo of Reason and Albeton live to see which suits you best.. If Cubase isn't working for you, then Reason may well suit you more.. Then search YouTube for tutorials to help you out, which is really handy if you don't have anyone else to learn from..

hey
id say go with ableton.there are so many tutorials for it on the net and you can use 3 rd party plug ins
take your time into learning the daw inside out
good luck

Thank you guys for your answers,
I saw only 1 tutorial on YT about dnb-production with Cubase so I thought Cubase is not the best programme to make electronic music..
I think I will try some other programmes

Greets mAEx

Grusse aus London!

I'm playing with Cubase 6 at the moment and I'm struggling with it. It's tough to learn if you're used to using something simpler.

Do try lots of different programs before making a decision - Reaper, Ableton Live, Cubase, Reason, Logic and so on are good places to start.

(Wenn du irgenwelche Fragen hast, dann schick mir ein Email - southerntrax@gmail.com)

Back
Top Bottom