a few tracks ive been working on

We have a breaks exchange thread stickied at the top of the producers section. I think you should download some breaks slick them up, and layer them with other breaks. Your drums are lacking punch and sound very poor. Your atmosphere is nice and I think you have the right Idea but the mix is executed poorly.

Good ideas. Arrangement seems to be interesting but the clips are to short to tell.
IMHO the breaks are done well but the drums need more improvement.

Drawback for me is that there is a guy with a strong vision - like a release date.
But you make the music public in a state where, from a mixing perspective, it is still at the beginning.
There seems to be no EQ, no Reverb, no Compression ... but this will change your sound dramatically.

So what exactly do you want to have feedback on? Hard to tell ... it cannot be the mix - or is it?

i suppose i was looking for feedback on the things you just said. they will be mastered professionally when im happy to hand them over so im not concerned with eq and compression, im more concerned with the overall quality of the sounds and drums ive made etc and if the tracks even work lol i probs should've thought that through properly before i posted these tracks.
the reason theyre short is obviously i can only post 2 minute clips as they will be released. But 2 minutes can give you an idea of what 'production level' im at so to speak...
thanks for the feedback though, it was very positive which is nice! Some people just think of what they believe they would do and state it like its divine law. LOL

Hallo again.

btw. my favorite track so far is "Bad Trip".

I don't know you and apologize if I'm to much of a smartass now.
There is a huge difference between mixing and mastering. EQ and compression is also an important part of the mixing process. So you need someone mixing the tracks first.

I'm also working with a guy mixing my tracks for me. He is really good but the guy is sitting about 500km away and it is still a challenge to get that sound I want.
I figured out that at least some very very basic EQ and compression and other FX techniques help me to drive my tracks to the direction where I want them to be or give me an idea
if the song will work. Sometimes sounds just don't work together and you have to change them. In the mastering stage it is to late for that.
So I hope you have that mixing guy by your side.

Beside that I like to encourage you to improve your mixing skills. It is definitely more fun.

Finally IMHO your drums could be better. Rethink your sounds and probably give the hats some more groove and swing. But that is just my taste.

All the best.

Those are fair comments. I often get told to use premade drum loops but while i do use breaks and rearrange the patterns i do like at least trying to make my own drums, so i imagine they are lacking somewhat as ive only been producing since around last december. But i know my sound improves with every track i make. And i actually do use eq in every sound so maybe im just not too up to scratch yet. Its compression i dont use as i was under the impression that producers should concentrate on a proper mix down as mastering companies require you to by pass any mastering bus youve used anyway. So whats the point?

And thats strange you liked bad trip the most as i wasnt sure about that one. I prefer lambs die lol

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I will check out that video. Am always looking foe ways to improve my sound! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom