Audio interfaces (HELP ME PLEASE)

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
I want to buy a decent audio interfce but cant really spend more than £150, cant anyone recommend me any good ones within tht price range

Thanks in advance

NI Audio Kontrol 1

it is rock solid awesome.

do not get a fast track. the drivers are incredibly bad like Asian drivers or women

I'm also looking into getting an audio interface for a laptop, and have been looking at this:

Cakewalk UA1G USB
cakua1g.jpg

Like the look of it, as it's small and portable.
Has anyone had any experience with it, or know if it's any good?

cheers,
Max

hmm, so these type of usb interfaces mostly have one headphone output and a mic input. What to buy if you want to connect two decent big monitors speakers to ur notebook. Producing on headphones isnt the optimal way especially for mastering. Long time ago i had hifi station with amplifier. Have you to connect the those usb interfaces to a such a hifi amplifier, or r there special usb interfaces for connecting monitors, I doubt because to less voltage to drive big monitors...? :rolleyes: Yes i have no clue :)

you got a pretty big selection of decent interfaces in you price range...

what do you want from it?? obviously you want good a/d-d/a converters, but what else?? do you want record vocals or other mic'ed sources? will you need phantom power? you gonna be running any outboard gear? will you need to record more than one source at a time?

these are the questions you need to think about... also its worth thinking about equipment you may use in the near future, for example, dont go and buy a interface that doesnt have 48v power if your probably gonna buy a condenser in the next couple of months

personally i use a mackie onyx satellite.... i bought it for the onyx preamps, and its routing capabilities... had it 4-5 months and cant fault it yet

Back
Top Bottom