quick question...

evolve

this might be a dumb question but, i am looking to buy a mixer in the not so distant future. there are so many different types, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, maybe give advice on what NOT to get, dunno. i know the decks are THE most important part and decided to go with the technics, i started on those 4 years ago, and now i am starting all over again. any help is appreciated....
thanks in advance.

DON'T buy anything with the following words inscripted upon the mixer:
Gemini
Numark
Kam
Soundlab
Behringer
Citronic...............

However,

DO buy mixer's with the following words inscripted upon it:
Vestax
Pioneer
Ecler
Allen & Heath
Technics
Stanton

and you should have a good mixer which will last a while. However the model you require is solely down to your particular style of mixing/music genre.

thank you for your help...i was going to either go with the stanton or technics...those were the two i was mainly fimilar with..but i wasn't entirely sure.
thank you so much for the info.

yeah motion you got it all down there bruv!!! Although i found the stanton to be a bit taky,plasticky,but they sound allright.Allen and heath run the country though!!! :boom:

how about the pioneer 300/600????

those allen and heath's are neat..i am just not sure...i am on a somewhat limited budget, only,i don't want the CHEAPEST thing...if i need to spend $ on a mixer i will.
Guess i also have this thing in my head screaming "you can upgrade" but that is probably the wrong attitude to have.
:|

alright dude

some of the Pioneer mixers have a fx units such as djm 3000, but they are bloody expensive. if you have heard hype fabic CD you will hear them in action echos, granulizers, wahs etc,they are well worth having a look at . also its worth thinking about optical faders more £ but more 10x more uses.

If you havent already bought one go to a dealers and ask for a demo. There are soo many to choose from so its all down to personal preference. I would advise that you try a few out, return home and search the web for the cheapest coz the price can differ a lot. If you are a londoner or you can get to london try Tottenham Court Road, you will find you dream mixer with 20% knocked off cheapest internet price if you pay cash. the good thing about Tott Court Road is there are loads of dealers (not drug) so you can compare and bharter down price. Do be worried about bhartering offer them a price below a realistic price, you never know how cheap they pick the mixers up for.

good luck
:lighter:
Koopa

Back
Top Bottom