It's on then - we start again with nu rules

DJ Uken

In Case you haven't seen RocksteadyUK, has offered a little 'tantalizer' for the winner of the mini comp'- a set on TMD Promotions launch night: not sure about you lot, but that's the best offer I've seen on a forum in ages!! so...It really is on Uken

Rules: Mixes in BY 17th APRIL:

1. set to be 30mins in duration
2. no ableton
3. Cdj's, serato / final scratch is all good
4. no dubs unless they are you own!
5. we vote by pole: i'll add the details of how to submit shortly

so far we've got - We'll give everyone a Number in a day or two

- Uken
- Dgee
- Politrix
- Evil Empire
- Dexcell
- Dj Octane
- Thumpah
- Dj SC
- RocksteadyUK
- Audioconspiracy
- Jay Walker

shout if you want to be added + if you want to add some groundrules - remember it's just for fun

In a bit Uken :afro:

Last edited:
nmot at all man - it's a computer system, similar to a mixing console, you can add any Mp3, small loops etc you've got like 8 channels or something and you can literally mix using it - it's quality but takes away some of the skill - I think anyway - but you can do some quality shit using it - my mates hook 2 laptops, + 2 little effects boards and have kinda battles using it - you could in theory do like 3 - 4 tune breaks easily without mashing the mix up

i've only had a go a few time blatantly someone else will give you full synopsis

you up for submtting a mix in our little comp'

Uken :afro:

probly gonna sound stupid but what is no ableton

nmot at all man - it's a computer system, similar to a mixing console, you can add any Mp3, small loops etc you've got like 8 channels or something and you can literally mix using it - it's quality but takes away some of the skill - I think anyway - but you can do some quality shit using it - my mates hook 2 laptops, + 2 little effects boards and have kinda battles using it - you could in theory do like 3 - 4 tune breaks easily without mashing the mix up

i've only had a go a few time blatantly someone else will give you full synopsis

you up for submtting a mix in our little comp'

Uken :afro:

Yeah man ableton is wicked, i dont use it for mixin though, I use it for production, and it has infinite channels.

If ya know what ya doin with it you can do crazy live shit if you add some midi controllers and such..

I'm assuming Fresh's Sound Weapon is based around ableton. (anyone know?)

I might put a little mix up for this, (not with ableton though lol!)

Yeah wack Dexcell on that list.
Can we not use dubs even if they are legit and have the artists permission???

Prefer no dubs, because i think its not fair.. Equal chances for all.. CDjs, 3decks etc is ok, cause everybody can go and buy, but not everyone get dubs..

@uken: please update the list everytime. looks better hehe

i mite wanna do this but wen will the mix have 2 be dun by???? cos im a bit busy at the mo
cheers

if i can get my shit together by then, my decks are at my m8tes and hes moving house. ill let you know then you can sign me u.

Prefer no dubs, because i think its not fair.. Equal chances for all.. CDjs, 3decks etc is ok, cause everybody can go and buy, but not everyone get dubs..

@uken: please update the list everytime. looks better hehe

dubs dont mean you get a head start in a mix comp ? its a "mix" comp not what records people "put" into the mix , theres a few people that use the site that get legal stuff because of there postion with in uk dnb scene , they choose to post on here instead of some of the "other" forums and "could" see this comp as a way of promoting music they have been given permission to do so , its not like there name is dj omygodimaandycclone or something no fucker has heard of straight out the bedroom is it .....
if you feel as a dj threatened by someone dropping dubs thats silly , no point wanting to be a dj is there because the headliner of the night gunna play all the music you wanna play :gimp::rofl: ask any major dj in the scene that the hardest dj type job is a warm up dj , a dj who can warm a crowd up ready for the big headliners to shine .... and your find warm up djs dont smash dubs they play what people know ;)

anyway rant over i couldnt careless i dont dj just think what i think .. niether right or wrong just an opinion / have a good night

Ok - so we've kinda sorted a few things in relation to the mini comp'

Rules:
set to be 30mins in duration
no ableton
Cdj's, serato / final scratch is all good
no dubs unless they are you own!
we vote by pole - I agree with Young Tuna - about mates will vote etc but.....

so far we've got

- Uken
- Dgee
- Politrix
- Evil Empire?? tbc
- Dexcell
- Dj Octane

shout if you want to be added + if you want to add some groundrules - remember it's just for fun

In a bit Uken :afro:

wat up wit da ?? n tbc.

do you know when the judges will finish will the old comp - we can stall a bit thinking of 10th April as our closing timeframe - also any judges your end that would be interested??

Uken :rasta:

lets finish the current comp before we start a new one (y)

In the nu thread for the old comp they said taht this would be the last weekend to vote.. So 10th april should be ok.

I think uken should pm everyone a number. Then everyone can name his/her set "set1", "set2" and so on.. Then we all can upload our file and send him the link. On 10th april he can post all set "neutral".

I think that would be the best..

Back
Top Bottom