New Forms remixes

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Heard some tracks from it on Fabio’s show. Sounded really good. When I first heard he was remixing the album I really winced as I was sure he was gonna dancefloor it up and completely loose the essence of this brilliant collection of tunes. Luckily its more of a clean up and re-edit thank fuck.. these tunes still sound great…. Its out in March 17th….

For those that don’t know this album was massive in 1997 and broke Roni, Die, Krust, SUV and Dynamite into the mainstream…big big album..won the mercury music prize beat the spice girls!!)… imagine anyone in dnb getting anywhere near that these days! This is one of the albums that got me into dnb properly… and showed how good this music could be.

Cant wait!

Sounds sick, defo one to watch for.

I remember having this on original cassette and my dad nicked it!

Oh, an i sold my vinyl copy to bad ace for penny chews and smack many moons ago, what a knob I am. :D

Heard some tracks from it on Fabio’s show. Sounded really good. When I first heard he was remixing the album I really winced as I was sure he was gonna dancefloor it up and completely loose the essence of this brilliant collection of tunes. Luckily its more of a clean up and re-edit thank fuck.. these tunes still sound great…. Its out in March 17th….

For those that don’t know this album was massive in 1997 and broke Roni, Die, Krust, SUV and Dynamite into the mainstream…big big album..won the mercury music prize beat the spice girls!!)… imagine anyone in dnb getting anywhere near that these days! This is one of the albums that got me into dnb properly… and showed how good this music could be.

Cant wait!

Looking foward to this one. Really interested to hear "Brown Paper Bag" 08. Personal favourite just for the intro.

it's an album that didn't need remixing or updating imo. not keen on the watching windows relick, guess i'll have to hear the rest to find out if it was a good idea or not.

what is it with dnb that we can't just let a classic rest? new forms is a piece of history and i think they should have left it consigned to being the most seminal dnb album ever*

it's an album that didn't need remixing or updating imo. not keen on the watching windows relick, guess i'll have to hear the rest to find out if it was a good idea or not.

what is it with dnb that we can't just let a classic rest? new forms is a piece of history and i think they should have left it consigned to being the most seminal dnb album ever*

I know what you mean I think its about updating the tunes for a modern audience. I mean the remixes ive heard sounded cool, I think Roni is doing them all himself. They are all quite similar to the originals. I don’t think we’’ll see a Jaydan or Modified Motion version of Brown Paper Bag just yet!

it's not just new forms is it. loads of roni's old stuff is getting touched up, plus he's done some new stuff with reprazent and on his own* he's been busy for sho'.

'roni size, shady guy with lazy eyes' - quality rhyme from method man

Just heard the full album…. Big! I was worried there would be a load of terrible remixes with kick drum build ups and wobbly bass lines.. yeah right! Its retains the feel of the original but with an updated production… jt sounds brighter…. Well worth getting when its out I reckon

i heard somewhere the whole idea was just to just freshen it up, and add some flavour to it that he wasn't able to do when it came out originaly. as he didn't have the technology of capabilities to do so. now he has, so he thought the time was right.

the sigma remix of music box is sublime. can't wait to get my hands on that.

Back
Top Bottom