Tinnitus - ringing in the ears?

Good post indeed - tinnitus is a problem facing everyone that goes to clubs/gigs, thanks for the info link.

I do most of listening to music via headphones these days (thanks to portable MP3 ;)) and old habits die hard, i can't listen to stuff like DnB unless it's filthy loud! :slayer:

I've resigned myself to losing my hearing at least 20 years before the norm...

I want to get some of those earplugs Andy C and Pendulum wear, they're small and seem like they're good for DJing. Any idea where to get some? Apparently they're over £100, can't put a price on hearing though.

The only time I have ringing in my ears is when I'm lying in bed at night after being out at a really banging night.

Or when the missus has been grilling me for something :teeth:

ive got it and its fucking weak i tell you. i need silence sometimes and thats something i cant have anymore. what does help a little bit is keeping good ear hygiene, clean them out, often. there is no cure for it which makes me wonder when youre deaf is it really just dead quiet or is it this tremendous constant noise that you just dont realize is there cos it was just always like that?

Scared of getting it but...

the good thing is that whenever I take somebody's phones over, they're always banging out much too loud :cowbell: :cowbell: :cowbell: - which either means that they're all deaf or my hearing is excellent.

Indi said:
The only time I have ringing in my ears is when I'm lying in bed at night after being out at a really banging night.

Or when the missus has been grilling me for something :teeth:

Yeah man I always get the ringing of the ears when I've been out at a club normally carries over until the next day aswell but soon disappears. Haven't had the ear burn from the lady friend I keep her sweet:censored:

logikz said:
......... makes me wonder when youre deaf is it really just dead quiet or is it this tremendous constant noise that you just dont realize is there cos it was just always like that?

:eek:

every night when i lie in bed i can hear a high pitch ringing noise, from the test on that website its about 9000K because i can't tell the noise on the site apart from the noise in my head/ears. Its annoying as fuck. Sometimes i cant sleep cuz it pisses me off so much. I went and bought dj ear plugs from the local ear doc. I had to take an impression and send it off to a big city and get it made. TO EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR HEARING... GET PROFESSIONALLY MADE EARPLUGS THEY FUCKING KICK ASS!!!
I only wish i got them sooner.

They don't make dj'ing harder at all I think they make it easier cuz its not so loud that u cant think straight. Also when its insanely loud its hard to notice ur mistakes right away, when u have the volume down for yourself only you notice them, and a lot sooner and can fix them b4 anyone else even knows you fucked up!!!

Last edited:
:drums: I used to drum without earplugs an that was WELL bad for tinnitus, now i make sure i produce at lower volumes an also keep the phones level low when mixing as i do get nights when i have to sleep with music on to drown out the constant ringing. If you are a producer or Dj definately get earplugs to use when you go out. Your hearing is your tool of the trade init!!

Jabel said:
every night when i lie in bed i can hear a high pitch ringing noise, from the test on that website its about 9000K because i can't tell the noise on the site apart from the noise in my head/ears. Its annoying as fuck. Sometimes i cant sleep cuz it pisses me off so much.

:word:x9540589

Back
Top Bottom