help needed for grooverider mixtape please

firestarter

hello all,

years ago here in australia i had grooverider mixtape that i loved more than anything ans now i would like to own it again.
on this tape the mc (unknown) was spelling out riders name ie G - R - DOUBLE O - V - E - R - I - D - E - R, GROOVE - GROOVE - RI - RI - DER DER DER
i realise i havent left you much info to go on, but i hope someone can help.
for some reason i have club kinetic in my head but of this i cant be sure.

i also had a tape that was taped from a friend of a friend and all he could tell me was that it was "kniteforce"

thanks,

i have a good lot of grooverider mixes from about 2000 ish. Would it be about that era ?

Cos if so i guess the tunage would be similar

firestarter said:
hello all,

years ago here in australia i had grooverider mixtape that i loved more than anything ans now i would like to own it again.
on this tape the mc (unknown) was spelling out riders name ie G - R - DOUBLE O - V - E - R - I - D - E - R, GROOVE - GROOVE - RI - RI - DER DER DER
i realise i havent left you much info to go on, but i hope someone can help.
for some reason i have club kinetic in my head but of this i cant be sure.

i also had a tape that was taped from a friend of a friend and all he could tell me was that it was "kniteforce"

thanks,

obviously he starts with shy fx & t power feat skibba d - dont wanna know

i got grooverider at detonator danceplanet in 1993 with mc bassman and mc ribbs i will sell it to you for a million quid you want it?:rambo:

none of them austrailian money either,wnt it in pound sterling, can u scrape that kind of wedge? if not dont waste my time :chainsaw:

Yep I was at the Perth gig in 1995 when he rinsed this, think it was a special of an SS tune, ' as we roll with the sound of the DJ ... G - R - DOUBLE O - V - E - R - I - D - E - R, GROOVE - GROOVE - RI - RI - DER DER DER'

etc, yeah I know it my mate's got tune (the un-VIP version) on vinyl, which doesnt mention Rider. Will try to get the name for ya, Formation recs I think

your right there mate,it is a formation tune,i was at a a desire in 95(and in 95 formation was at the top of there game) and near on all the dj's had there own special dub of that tune with there name at the beginning just like what zinc did with all the dubs for super sharp shooter!

mr G said:
your right there mate,it is a formation tune,i was at a a desire in 95(and in 95 formation was at the top of there game) and near on all the dj's had there own special dub of that tune with there name at the beginning just like what zinc did with all the dubs for super sharp shooter!

:banana:

but I dont have the tape of this sorry

I have a Grooverider set from '95 where he plays that same tune with the "Introducing to the whole world, the man called Grooverider... groove-groove-groove ride-ride-ride er-er-er" intro.

If anyone can suggest a free place to upload it, it's yours.

(It's being mixed with The Lighter about half an hour into the set, and it does sound like it's an SS track)

Last edited:
D4S said:
I have a Grooverider set from '95 where he plays that same tune with the "Introducing to the whole world, the man called Grooverider... groove-groove-groove ride-ride-ride er-er-er" intro.

(It's being mixed with The Lighter about half an hour into the set, and it does sound like it's an SS track)

http://www.megaupload.com

Just a few small problems, I can't seem to upload to megaupload. Does anybody have any other suggestions as to where I can upload this set.

mesh said:
Yep I was at the Perth gig in 1995 when he rinsed this, think it was a special of an SS tune, ' as we roll with the sound of the DJ ... G - R - DOUBLE O - V - E - R - I - D - E - R, GROOVE - GROOVE - RI - RI - DER DER DER'

etc, yeah I know it my mate's got tune (the un-VIP version) on vinyl, which doesnt mention Rider. Will try to get the name for ya, Formation recs I think

Was definately SS, pretty sure the tune was Rollidge.

Last edited:
D4S said:

No the tune that had the into "introducing to the whole world the man called blah blah blah" was something different, some Urban Shakedown tune, Arsonist or Some Justice remix I think.

I have a Desire '95 pack with 8 tapes and 7 of the DJs played their version of it o_O

PS If Megaupload doesn't work try YouSendIt.com

Think I have that tape as well. Unfortunatelly I'm f u c k i n g useless when it comes to ripping s h i t onto the PC etc, so I can't really upload it. :(
1995 sounds about right too. I think the tape I have is from his Australian tour at about that time, with that track on it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom