Rene LaVice - The Calling / Freudian - RAM (1st March)

RAM is definitely not a screechy label. They had a little period with the whole dubstep sound crossover a few years back, but name something screechy from them last year?

RAM is definitely not a screechy label. They had a little period with the whole dubstep sound crossover a few years back, but name something screechy from them last year?

I would call Gully screechy, I hate that tune. But yeah generally not screechy these days

hard to have a "sound" when your label has about 25 artists on the roster all with their own fairly unique brand of tune

Saus is pretty fucking screechy as well, they might not be screechy as a label but their tunes are just ridiculously bait, no middle ground, they're either over the top "fukin filf m8" or ridiculously euphoric OTT liquid. Freudian SHOULD be a good tune, but those shitty screeches that come in after 1.00 in that clip just ruin it. All IMO of course.

Well...I'm a big fan of RAM, but they're still far away from "no screechy stuff" if you ask me. Tunes like Ultron, Heads Up, Drop It Low or Hit The Floor have screechy written all over them :)

What's middle ground?

I'd say the bass in Freudian is good middle ground, it's nice and dirty for want of a better word but it's not over the top in the slightest. Good amount of sub & midrange, nice and balanced etc.

Zane Lowe has Rene LaVice as his hottest record in the world

Talk about a kiss of death. Has there ever been a bigger idiot on Radio 1?

1st tune has a RAM feel to it, which is kinda good for Rene, I guess. Not a fan of either tune. He's hit & miss for me. Stuff like Not Deep, Perfect World & some other tunes are more my cuppa. Basically the tunes that are closer to a SPY tune.

Would be inclined to say that what Subfocus + Chase & Status did up up until both their first albums was still that Ram sound. It was around/after that era that it started to evolve into what it's transitioned to today. Still a fairly natural progression as it's still dancefloor heavy but with that modern super hard twist that comes in hand with todays production standard etc

Been hearing 'The Calling' getting played in the daytime on Radio 1..........good look for Rene Lavice and Ram, especially as the tune is not cheesy unlike the dnb that Radio 1 usually play!

Back
Top Bottom